Zenox Z22 review by Cort

Cort: Zenox Z22

Purchased from: The Guitar World

This guitar suits my style great I play classic rock and Metallica. I use a Laney 15 watt amp. The guitar is noisy but the noisiness is good. This guitar has a lot of variety in sound ne thing from sounding exactly like a electric accoustic to hard metal early Metallica. Although the amp sucks the guitar makes it sound great.

I play classic rock and it's a perfect match and the style suits me too. I have been playing for 7 months now and I also own a Cort accoustic and a Laney amp. I fell I asked all the right questions about the guitar so it was easy for me to pick the right guitar for me. If it was lost or stolen I would buy it again because I love it too much. I love the whole guitar and hate nothing. My favorite feature is the satin black paint it looks so good. I compared this to a squire Strat and this was better in all asspects. I only wish it had 24 fretts instead of 22. I would recomend this guitar to anyone at any skill level. My friend prefers this over his Gibson SG. Obviosly there is nicer guitars like the Les Paul supreme but you can't beat this guitar for the price.

For sure this guitar will stand up to live playing. I've played live and didn't even bring a backup because there was no need I think it plays better live. Except for the jack coming lose (which happens to the best of guitars) the hardware will last a long time. I always play standing up so there is no change when live and the strap has not come off yet unless I took it off so yes they are solid. There is a pickgaurd that matches the paint exactly to protect the paint but ya the paint seems thick enough.

The guitar was setup perfect at the factory. I have had no problems at all. I'm not sure how well they were setup at the factory but when I got it from the store they were setup perfect. The guitar came with no flaws what so ever.

This is a 2004 made in Indonesia. It has 22 large frets on a rosewood fingerboard. It is a solid body guitar. It has a agathis bady and a maple neck. My guitar is a black satin finish. It is a double cut body. The guitar has a Tune-O-Matic bridge and strung thru the body. It has 1 volume and 1 tone knobs and a 3-way pickup selection. The pickups are corts own powersound pickups. The body also has a tapered armrest cut in for comfort factors.

poesmanmumboza
    Ah this guitar is really tight. It just nests in the arms. It really does have a deep sound. And basically what faerbz and that other dude/chick said is what i would call very effective reviews. So now relax, pick up the z22, plug in some head phones, lay your head back and float away.
    angelic-acolyte
    I just got one for $250 three months ago as a starter. love it so much. I won't change unless it breaks down beyond repair.
    eggy1991
    if you like bands such as Breaking Benjamin, SOAD, Metallica, this is the guitar for you, its dropped sounds are amazing simply because of the generally low tone produced by it anyway. my local music store has one, and i love it. I personally, am going for the more expensive KX, probably in Tiger Eye... hmmmm but for the price, you wont find anything much better.
    Team Blk
    I bought mine for 150$ at the store where I used to take lessons. It was on Christmas sale and was 250$
    Deiago
    Great guitar... My first good electric. Lovely neck and great to play.
    Peter.sze
    I agree, that it's great to play, but the pickups aren't good at all. Just my opinion... after replacing them, it's one of the best for the price you pay.