Zenox Z42 review by Cort

Cort: Zenox Z42

Price paid: £ 156.43

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I play mostly Rock, Alternative and Grunge throgh a Line6 Spider 3 amp and it is perfect for these styles. I haven't yet tried it with distortion yet but sounds good with a variety of sounds. You can get a good variety of sounds and it sounds bright, I wouldn't try to play anything too heavy on this guitar though.

It is very good for rock music and there is alot of variety in the sounds that you can get out of the guitar, as you can switch between the pickups. It is very comfortable to play due to the body shape. If it was stolen then I might buy this guitar again, however I would probably buy a guitar better suited to heavier music or an ESP Viper 50. Overall a ver good and solid guitar. I would definately recommend it.

I haven't tried to gig with this guitar but I think that it could definately withstand Live playing. The Strap buttons are very solid and will not come off. I would take a backup to live playing as I always do. It has taken a few knocks on walls, chairs and tables but no marks to show it, a very solid durable guitar.

Not much to say really, The factory setup and action is perfect on this guitar and it is very good quality with a flawless finish. Everything is fitted perfectly. I have had it about a month and it still looks and feels Brand New. I have been unable to find any flaws with it so far.

Made in 2004, 22 large frets, Mahogany LP-Style Body with with a Maple Bolt-On Neck. Chrome Hardware. Two EG4LP Humbucker Pickups with 2 Volume and one push-pull tone knob and 3 way toggle Switch. Small lead included, but nothing else. It is a high quality guitar, amd not just a high quality guitar for its price, it's comparable with many more expensive guitars.