Zenox Z42 review by Cort

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Cort: Zenox Z42

Purchased from: online

I own a Greg Bennett av-6 which is terrific guitar and my primary guitar(tone wise). I bought this guitar as a secondary guitar for jamming purposes and main reason I bought this particular guitar is because of the high rating and positive review, and to honest its a little overrated. The tone I get from those active pups are bit shallow and that might be because of the thin body and this guitar is very light. I am more incline to blues and classic rock and getting a decent tone needs a little work on the amp and the processor. And then again I am used to playing a far better guitar. Its a cheap guitar and for the price its sounds ok.

I bought the older model with a coil split but I was sent the revised model. The active pups may suit hard rock or metal. If I happen to loose it I would definitely save little bit more and go for bit more expensive a bit more heavier guitar probably one with a set neck. Then again its a very cheap guitar and may this is best that you can get in the price range but I would recommend to try out a few other guitars before buying.

It's fairly a new guitar I am not very confident on its durability. But only time will tell.

Set-up was fine. I just had to adjusted the bridge a little bit.This guitar looks fine from a distance but when you pick it up you definitely see little flaws in the finishing and the pick-up switch and knobs feels pretty cheap and loose. I don't like the finish of the fret board its a little rough the whole neck seems a little uncomfortable for me.

It's made in Indonesia. Its a revised model of the previous model. The changes are the pick-ups which are paired active dynamite pickup and arm cut away is removed and the split coil function is removed. Its in wine red finish same as before the body wood the neck wood is unaltered everything else is pretty much the same.. Came with a gig bag, cable picks, cleaning cloth.

keshukaz
    I have this guitar for more than a year. It cost me for ~600lt (less than $200). This is the best guitar for price. Mostly i play blues/rock/funk and it cope with all of that just fine. When only minus is that input jack is a bit loose