ACRD 208 Review

manufacturer: CR Dean date: 04/30/2008 category: Electric Guitars
CR Dean: ACRD 208
Joint: set in, body: carved mahogany, top: solid maple, neck: maple, finger board: graphite, tuning machines: die cast, fret: 22, hardware: chrome, pickups: dual Wilkinson humbuckers, control: 2v, 2t, 3-way toggle switch, bridge: tune-o-matic, body style: Les Paul.
 8.4
 7.8
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
ACRD 208 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 30, 2008

Purchased from: www.crdean.ca

Features: This line of guitars is just being introduced in 2008. Manufactured in Korea I think but not 100% sure. Joint: set in, body: carved mahogany, top: solid maple, neck: maple, finger board: graphite, tuning machines: die cast, fret: 22, hardware: chrome, pickups: dual Wilkinson humbuckers, control: 2v, 2t, 3-way toggle switch, bridge: tune-o-matic, body style: Les Paul, finish: sunburst (yellow-orange-red). // 8

Sound: The quality of the finish was naturally the first thing to impress me but the sound was not far behind. The Wilkinson pickups kick butt! I have a Gibson SG '61 reissue and this new guitar gives me a lot more range than the Gibson does. I have it playing through a Marshall AVT50 and I can play lots of styles with it. The Gibson was too heavy for some twangier stuff but the CRD can keep up with all of it, very versatile. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I only had to make very small adjustments to this guitar. The action was great and feels smooth all along the neck. The tuners are not the greatest but once you have it tuned it is fine for hours. The only thing I would ever consider changing on this guitars would be the tuners and maybe a custom paint job on the head-stock would look cool but that's just me. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could easily be used to put on a show, no doubt. The pickups are built to last as long as the guitar. Strap feels secure when wearing it. The finish is a heavy gloss and the sunburst is great. Besides the pickups that is my second favorite aspect of the guitar. If you only look at the body not the neck you would swear it's a real Les Paul. I haven't had it long enough to see how time will affect it but I am confident she will age gracefully. // 9

Overall Impression: I catch myself just staring the guitar when I'm watching TV and then end up picking it up cause it's so sweet. It is a great match for the punk, bluesy, and classic rock styles that I like to play. It would work well with some heavier stuff too. A hard shell case was included (very nice). I have no regrets with my purchase like I did my SG. I think the SG was so expensive I was almost scared to play it and maybe break it plus I couldn't get the sound right with my amp. With my CR Dean I just let it rip and have no worries about anything. Amazing value at a lower than average price! // 9

Comments