Cruiser CJ400 review by Crafter

Crafter: Cruiser CJ400

Purchased from: eBay.com

Every style sound possible, sat here for 1 hour playing with the features and selector switches and the hum bucker pickups show off the nice dirty distortion. It also sounds beautiful when not rigged to an amp, with just a bit of tinkering and volume it comes close to an acoustic sound whilst staying very clean. The low E string however seems to rattle a bit when strung or picked too hard.

I play old rock to new rock and maybe some metal and I've even tried playing a banjo song on it and it sounds brilliant, I can pull off a nice wild thing sound to some banjo sound by altering the pitch. Playing for a while and I'm learning (aren't we all) only other gear has been an acoustic. I would buy it again if I had the money and it got lost, or the Crafter Cruiser RG600, one of the two. I love the neck and the head, it looks like Crafter spent time on designing it and not just copying a famous brand with no personalisation like the squire! The front could be a little more revealing with some sort of feature, I don't know! I compared it to the Stagg Strat the Squire and many more on eBay then googling the items for a demo, I knew Ibanez was a good make so I went for one with similar pickups and looks.

I play at home mostly but so far I seem to have knocked it around in my bedroom and no visual problems. The hardware is very sturdy as I have seen guitar with a lot of plastic all over it for knobs and stuff, however this is metal and is properly screwed on. The strap buttons are solid with nice cushioning wool around them, as I have said the strap I got is union jack and you cannot see the wool at all unless you put it in your eye.

Very nice and smooth, the next is a nice light hard wood with a maple slab on top but this give it class as the two woods look as if they belong together and you cannot feel the dent of which I guess they were glued to each other and the dots are all in the right places. The head I am proud of with the nice shape and craftsmanship. Nothing has broken off it, yet and nothing had to be altered, although new from eBay as it had all the plastic covering on the back and on the head still on it could have been altered. Only thing I have a problem is how fast it picks up dust!

Made in China. Stays in tune for a very long time! Engraved company name in machine heads with the head itself impressive with the silver writing and red dot on the Ibanez style. Came with leads, but bought a union jack strap and 15W amp from eBay also. It came up to 110 altogether worth around 190 on online shops.

Alibot
    Ive got one of these. Quite madley I found it on a carboot with a broken neck for 45 including a rocket 10 amp. I had a new neck put on it for 55 then bought a lightening bolt strap and some super slinky strings for 22. Its a nice guitar and sounds great with or without an amp.