Cruiser CJ400 review by Crafter

Crafter: Cruiser CJ400

I don't know exactly why but this guitar gives a more acoustic sound compared to normal electric guitars, which suits me pretty well as I prefer to play softer rock like Muse and greenday. However with the right amp and chords it can give a gritty metal sound that's perfect for when you want to pull out some power chords. To be honest though, it doesn't have that much variety on sound and you have to get an effects pedal to really make much of a difference.

As I said earlier, I play mostly sofeter rock so this guitar is really good for that style of music but lacks the rugged power needed for metal. The only thing that would make this really good is an expensive effects pedal. that's it only real flaw- that there's not much flexibilty with sounds it can make.

I have had this guitar fr about 6 months and have not even had a string break and I play on it everyday. I have evn dropped it on it neck of a table and it did no damage. Basically you can't go wrong with this guitar durability as it is outstanding. It's strap buttons hold the strap on pretty tight I have never had any trouble with them what'soever.

The 'Cruiser' has a classic Strato caster shape which means it's got a nice shape for standing or sitting when playing.I have never attempted to adjust my pickups but from having a look at how them come off I would say that they would be moved very easily. But, one thing about it is that is constantly needs to be retuned no matter were you put it- gig bag, standing up, laying down.

For a first guitar, I love it. Mine is Jet Black with a white fingerboard but the chrome hard ware still make look like an expensive guitar. A maple neck ties in with the body really nicely. It electronics include having one volume to tones and a 5 way selector so you have a good amount control on the sound.