Cruiser CJR600 review by Crafter

Crafter: Cruiser CJR600

Purchased from: Frets Guitar Shop & Repairs

I play mosstly metal, hard rock, punk, and classic rock. You can get a pretty good metal sound out of it with the right effects. It's great for punk and classic rock. I run it through a Line 6 Spider III and it sounds great! The humbucker-single-humbecker give it plenty of sustain and more variety than you'd expect from a guitar like this.

Like I said, it suites my style fairly well, although sometimes I find myself needing more than just 22 frets. I've been playing for about 3 and a half years, so I'm pretty good, but I can do without all the extra stuff on other guitars. That's really the only major problem. I love the feel of it. It fits perfectly in my hands and lap, and the action is great. I haven't bought a better guitar simply because this one is pretty much good enough. that and whenever I need more shred I just use my Jackson. If this guitar was ever stolen, I would buy a new one in a heartbeat. It's an excellant value for only $300.

I've only had this guitar for about a year but it's withstood pretty much everything I've put it through. I don't really thrash it or anything but it's not always treated great. The finish still looks brand new, like it's hardly been played although once again, I've only had it for a year. I would probably bring a backup guitar just in case, but that's my opinion. I would bring a backup to any gig, no matter what I used.

It was in great condition when I bought it. I had to lower the action a little but that was about the only problem I had with it. The finish is awesome! It's not the usual transparent or metallic finishes you find on many guitars. I love the shape of it and the arch top design really helps keep the controls out of the way.

Solid Hardwood body with arched top & tiger maple face, bolt-on neck, rosewood fingerboard, vintage tremolo, H/S/H pickup configuration.