Cruiser CJR600 Review

manufacturer: Crafter date: 03/17/2008 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Crafter: Cruiser CJR600
 8.3
 8.8
 7.8
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Cruiser CJR600 Reviewed by: 6_Feet_Below, on march 17, 2008

Purchased from: Frets Guitar Shop & Repairs

Features: Solid Hardwood body with arched top & tiger maple face, bolt-on neck, rosewood fingerboard, vintage tremolo, H/S/H pickup configuration. // 9

Sound: I play mosstly metal, hard rock, punk, and classic rock. You can get a pretty good metal sound out of it with the right effects. It's great for punk and classic rock. I run it through a Line 6 Spider III and it sounds great! The humbucker-single-humbecker give it plenty of sustain and more variety than you'd expect from a guitar like this. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It was in great condition when I bought it. I had to lower the action a little but that was about the only problem I had with it. The finish is awesome! It's not the usual transparent or metallic finishes you find on many guitars. I love the shape of it and the arch top design really helps keep the controls out of the way. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've only had this guitar for about a year but it's withstood pretty much everything I've put it through. I don't really thrash it or anything but it's not always treated great. The finish still looks brand new, like it's hardly been played although once again, I've only had it for a year. I would probably bring a backup guitar just in case, but that's my opinion. I would bring a backup to any gig, no matter what I used. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said, it suites my style fairly well, although sometimes I find myself needing more than just 22 frets. I've been playing for about 3 and a half years, so I'm pretty good, but I can do without all the extra stuff on other guitars. That's really the only major problem. I love the feel of it. It fits perfectly in my hands and lap, and the action is great. I haven't bought a better guitar simply because this one is pretty much good enough. that and whenever I need more shred I just use my Jackson. If this guitar was ever stolen, I would buy a new one in a heartbeat. It's an excellant value for only $300. // 9

Comments