Cruiser RG600 review by Crafter

Purchased from: Argos

Great for palm mutting because the action is high without a pick guard. The strings are maybe a bit close together for alternate picking, but after a while you get used to it. Finger tapping also becomes a slight annoyance because of catching other strings, but practice gets through this. The strings dont rattle at all, and it gives a very cool dark distortion sound through my Marshall MG50. Its clean sound is almost acoustic which is great when playing Metallica and switching to distortion in Sanitarium or One.

I play death metal and black metal mostly but I also enjoy playing metal sometimes like Metallica (one of my favorite bands). I always use either my Marshall MG50 (concerts, home) or my Fender 15G (travelling) and both sound great with the Crafter, far better than my Ibanez it has to be said. I might not buy the same guitar again if it was stolen, but I'd definatly consider buying a differnt Crafter, simply because this guitar is great value for money and does practically everything I could want it to do. I do maybe wish it had 2 more frets because 22 can get annoying in some solos where 26 is needed but for pure rhythm guitaring this guitar is great.

It doesn't go out of tune fast and I play lots of fast riffs where the guitar usually ends up worse off, but the Crafter is very good at taking punishment. When I pick it up it only need very slight tuning adjustments and I never need a tuner. It's well built and has lasted me over a year already without ever failing. I'd happily trust it to a Gig at hyde park. The finish is plastic and hasnt managed to wear off except where I accidentally hit it quite hard on a desk once, but the amount of plastic that came off was minimal. I can see myself keepint this guitar well into the future.

The action was slightly too high and some notes were out of tune on the higher frets, but with 2 minutes of fiddling it was fine. Pickups were fine and still are, I haven't had to change any of them. Bridge was perfect, I couldn't have asked for any more. There are some small points on the back where the plastic has come out of the mould in manufacture, but you can hardly notice it. I didn't for 3 months. The guitar is really well built overall but the volume control is a bit loose and feels as if it could do with being tightened slightly.

22 frets, matt black gloss finish, 2x humbucker pickups, volume control, 3-way pickup selector, tone control, non locking tuners and made in China. Very cool shape, almost Flying V/Explorer shape. Could maybe use another single pickup.

zezima
    i love this thing, but sadly i got rather ripped off, it seems i bought this for 300 pounds off a company that buy them for 100 odd pounds already made in china and then just stick a new artwork in the front ... so beware.
    Metal_Rich
    I love mine, and i got it for 45 of ebay :O, I guess I got a bargain, as it works and it never dissapoints.
    baalzamon
    i got my crafter for 92 that was a year agoand it has never let me down except for the tone switch which came loose
    Spanky Dude
    i got mine for about 100 and i love it to bits. its sounds ace and is rather easy to play. It looks like an animal too as i have replace all of the fixings with black ones...