Cruiser RG600 review by Crafter

Purchased from: Ebay

I mostly play rock, occasionally metal and ska (Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond style music), and all of these sound fantastic, especially with ska, because it gives a rich and mellow sound, especially when transferring between d and g strings. I play my guitar through a tiny (embarrasing as everyone says they have Marshall 30W's) 10W Johnson, though it may be small, gives a great warm sound, and a nice distortion, but it can tend to get a bit crackly on a higher volume. For gigs I borrow my friend's amp. There is a pretty good variety of play for this guitar, as I have stated above, and it can sound as clean and as dirty as you want. I also have a DigiTech RP50 fx pedal, with a built in drum machine, which is good for home practice.

This is a great guitar for anyone wanting to play, from beginners to intermediate, and if it was stolen/lost I would with no hesitation buy another one, simply because of my love for it. It is kind of like a childs favourite teddy, because as it grows old and gets worn and ragged the kid still thinks it's the greatest thing in the world. What I didn't like aboutit was the action was about a centimetre off the fretboard, which was annoying but easily adjustable. Fantastic value for money, and if someone reading this is researching on it, buy it, you will not regret it!

the hardware on my guitar is pretty much flawless, whether the previous owner worked on it or not I don't know, but the hardware is fine. The strap buttons are! To be frank, the top buttons always slips my strap, which is soooo annoying when playing at a small gig because your guitar drops and you have to pause and go and sit down for the rest of the song and play, which is bloody annoying, and I have ordered some strap locks for it. Looking at my guitar in the right light, there are tonnes of plectrum stracthes during those long and hardand fast riffs, but nothing seems to be wearing off yet, after two years of playing it is ok! For the bigger gigs I would definitely use it as a back up.

When I bought it this was my first electric (and my only electric, I am buying a Gibson LP for christmas), and having bought it on ebay, the person I bought it from didn't seem to know how to set up or play a guitar. The action was way too high, but my naivety didn't realise this for a month or so until I lowered it. My bottom pick up was (and still is) very high, but plays nice and doesn't affect any strumming, so there is no problem for me with that. What with it being a funny shaped guitar, n I do tend to knock it, especially when putting it back onto my wall hanger, but it has sustained well. There is quite a big chip on the bottom sticky out bit, which is expectable with a guitar like this one. My tuning pegs are good, but what with bending my high E string (David Gilmour's fault, he wrote the music) up 2/3 frets, it can wear down and go out of tune. But overall I only have to tune the strings slightly every time, so they do hold up well.

I bought this guitar on ebay 2 years ago, and have never had a problem with it since. The guitar was made in china, but I'm not sure what year. The guitar features 22 frets, a metallic black finish, a rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays, and a bolt on maple neck. It has 2 humbuckers which sound great, a 3 way pickup selector, and a Tune-O-Matic bridge. It only offers one volume control and one tone control, which is a bit of a shame but no big deal as I prefer two of each on guitars.

twistedmaggot
    does anyone know what type of bag they will fit in? i'm buying one soon but i won't have a bag to carry it in and i figured it won't fit in a standard shaped one.