Cruiser RG600 review by Crafter

Purchased from: Ebay

I play all kinds of genres, but mainly metal. It is well suited for metal, I often play Megadeth, Metallica, Opeth, and Machine Head on it. I have been using a Marshall MG15CD amp, and a Zoom G2 multi FX pedal. Before I got my pedal I had no noise reduction on my amp, yet it was very quiet and only produced feedback when standing too close to the amp with high gain. it's clean tone sounds bright and full, when I have recorded with it my friends have mistaken it for an acoustic!

Mainly playing metal, this guitar feels, sounds and looks the part. I've been playing it for a year and a half, and will not need a new guitar for a very long time. If it was stolen or lost, I would probably buy a new guitar, as this is my first guitar and I would like to eventually buy a new one. I love this guitar because it is perfect for me, I have yet to play a guitar that isn't over 1000 that feels and sounds nicer than this one. The only thing that I wish it had is a tremolo bar, but even then I would probably use it more for messing around then using seriously.

I have yet to play this guitar live, but I cannot see what could go wrong, as I have dropped it a few times and it has detuned slightly but had no serious damage. I would gladly play it without a backup. The hardware is built to last although the volume knob is slightly loose. The strap buttons are very strong, and the finish has yet to thin even slightly.

The action on this guitar is brilliant, I have never had any trouble with it, and the pick ups are the same. The bridge is perfect, it's very good for palm muting. Because the guitar was second hand, it came with some scratches, but that was most likely the original owners fault. Very well put together.

Made in China, not sure what year. 22 frets and a black finish. Explorer style shape, but more spikey. Standard bridge with out a trem. I bought it on it's own second hand for a very cheap price. It's noticeably very light, which is brilliant for me as I had to take it to school and back for practices. Could use a trem and 24 frets wouldn't hurt.

thrash minded
    opc100
    thrash minded wrote: gettin mine soon! kinda board with my wanna be strat cruiser. so as soon as i can proove im not a total beginner i can have it \m/ WOOHOO!!! this any good for rythm guitar? no way am i goin lead. l8erz!!!
    it's brilliant for rhythm. i've used in gigs for both lead and rhythm and it sounds sweet.
    lupercal
    RG600 my first guitar and love the sucker to peices! play rhythm its mad not o good for lead coz its only got 22-frets but still its mad! and all you people complaining about the volume knob comeing lose suck it up all u have to do is tighten it!
    robinmitra1
    tbh i bought this one cuz it looked pretty cool and was under 100..but it sounds pretty good actually n comfortable..only wish it had tremolo bar though
    Viva-La-Jack
    had mine for three years now and its taken savage beatings droped on the floor hit walls the neck pickup had been dislodged twice and it still sounds fine. i play it trough a marshal valestate vs 100 and it sounds great
    Viva-La-Jack
    great guitar had it for three years and beaten the hell out of it knocked the neck PU inside it but fixed it and sounds fine. does clean and distortion realy well. i play it trough a marshall valvestate VS 100 and sounds amazing especially for a sub 100 guitar. great begginers guitar but am now replacing it with a dean Z 79
    feet4hands
    I was really impressed with how well made this guitar is. If you can get one for under 100 its got to be a bargain. The body is really solid and robust, the tuners are decent and the control knobs look like Goldo Dome Speed Knobs. The pickups are great for metal etc and the guitar holds its tune well. A coil tap setup would give this guitar a bit more musical flexibility but over all an excellent package.