Cruiser ST100 review by Crafter

Crafter: Cruiser ST100

Purchased from: Argos

This was my first electric guitar, and it's only a beginner's guitar although it's full sized. It's sounds great through the amp, and without the amp, you can play acoustic songs perfectly. However, when you turn up the distortion, you get a lot of feedback. Also, the E string twangs a lot, but the other strings are alright.

The style of music I play is rock, and it is a good match. I've had this guitar for only a week, but I've been playing both the electric guitar and bass guitar for two years. I chose this guitar, because it was cheap and I only wanted one just to jam along with it and have great fun with it. I did compare this guitar with other guitars, but there wasn't much difference. What I love about this guitar was that it was cheap and, for my first electric guitar, it was enjoyable to play with. What I didn't like about this guitar was that the finish didn't look that good. If this guitar got stolen/lost, I would buy a more expensive and better guitar. To end this review, the Cruiser ST100 is a great beginners guitar.

I reckon this guitar will withstand live playing although I have owned this guitar for a week now. The strap buttons are solid. I will definitely use it for a gig sometime. The finish is good enough to last.

If you carefully look at the back of the guitar, it looks like that the factory hasn't put the plastic on properly. The whammy bar doesn't work and the tuition doesn't tell you how to fix it. Apart from that, it's great.

- Made in China - 22 frets - 3 single coil pickups - 1 volume control and 2 tone controls - 5-way selector - Included accessories are a 10 watt amp, a gig bag, a cable, a strap, a pitch pipe, a whammy bar, a tuition book and three different size plectrums.