Cruiser ST100 review by Crafter

Crafter: Cruiser ST100

Purchased from: Target

This was my first guitar which I ever bought and I've had it for years now. It suits basically any genre but it was made for rock and clean music. It suits metal very well and I can get some good tone with it when you change the strings to 10 gauge. I'm using this with a Behringer LX-112 digital modelling amp and I can practically any tone I want with it. The sound can be very bright with the bridge pickup and there is a hell of a lot of feedback when the gain is max but that's usual for single coils. Great guitar for the beginner!

I play metal and this guitar does the job well, it's very surprising. I've been playing for years and own many other guitars but this was my first. If this guitar was stolen I wouldent buy another one 'cause it's only a beginner guitar. Really good value for money guitar and it's probably even better that the Squiers.

This guitar is not made for live and should not be used for live. I use my ESP for that and this guitar gets out of tune incredibly fast so don't bother with the tremolo. The guitar is made to last but it wont last forever. The finish I fantastic, it's been through hell and it's still rock solid.

Factory set-up was fine but I changed it my setting as soon as I got it. Gets rusty pretty quickly and the tremolo sucks very badly but it really doesn't matter for this guitar. Everything else was fine, maybe just chage the action and intonation.

bloodhound_tm
    n00b reviews! The whammy bar doesn't work but apart from that it's great? That's already a good enough reason not to buy the guitar! Better than squiers? Well that's saying nothing. Why would you buy a guitar from target anyway?
    Arman64
    Well this was my first review, but anyways some people dont actually use the tremolo like me. Well this guitar was $200 cheaper than a squire and it would be a great for beginners. Whats wrong with buying a guitar from target anyway, the more places that sell guitars the better!
    rcmaster0072002
    um dude a squire bullet is only 99 bones, plus i dont use a trem. bar anyways but why would u buy a guitar anyways when u knew something is wrong with it. thats like buying a car and say sweet the windshield shattered. now i dont need a convertible.
    peever
    The whammy bar doesn't work
    are you sure you know how to work a whammy bar?
    E V H 5150
    I find that with a single-coil guitar, you can kill the buzz by switching the pickups by setting the pickups to either neck & middle, or bridge & middle. I find whammy a wasteful techniques, because in the hand of an idiot, all they'll do is play with it. My Squire could kick this guitar's ass. But just wait until I get my Jack Daniel's guitar, oh yeah! that'sa sweet guitar!
    richwatkinson
    I had one of these for a while, and i can safely say they are possibly some of the worst guitars out there. Massive feedback, hard to work, and even worse is the tone. The pickups are loose and wobbly, and the trem goes out of tune soon as you look at it. It honestly feels like a plastic toy compared to guitars only slightly more costly.
    laparsons
    schecter006
    laparsons wrote: ive played one of these guitars and it is 100% a piece of sh*t, i wouldnt even recommend it to a beginner, if you're just starting out and you want a good begginner guitar get the epiphone fat-210, it has a humbucker at the bridge and the single coils are better made as well. also with what the people above were saying about the whammy bar, personally i dont know why they put them on these guitars, begginners are never going to use a whammy and when they do want to use one if they have ones like this all its going to do is put their guitar out of tune...stupid
    nah im gonna say that the best beginner guitar is a Yamaha Pacifica 112.
    richwatkinson
    nah im gonna say that the best beginner guitar is a Yamaha Pacifica 112.
    He's right, its far superior to this thing.