Cruiser ST100 review by Crafter

Crafter: Cruiser ST100

Purchased from: Argos

The amp has a good metal/punk/rock sound to it with a very effective gain. However though the amp can pick up higher notes more than the ones you want it to. The guitar can't really make a variety of sounds. I play Punky music so it suitas my style as it can put up with heavy play. I use it with the treble, bass and gain settings.

I play Green Day but I have started to learn stuff like Guns N' Roses which because of the frets is hard to play the solos.If it was stolen I would buy something else as it was only a beginner guitar. Because of the Music I am now learning I am getting an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Translucent Amber (very nice). I wish it had humbuckers not the Standard pickups and I wish the string had a better life but that's not Crafer's fault.

This guitar will survive live playing and I believe that the hardware will last. I unscrewed the strap buttons a couple of times and after they kept falling out, so I had to put in a larger screw. I would use this at a gig without backing in a way (I would have another guitar but in different tuning e.g. half step).

The action of the guitar was perfect the set up and finish was complete and perfect ready to play instantly. The pickups and Bridge were properly mounted and fastened. The Guitar was perfect there were no flaws or problems controls were tightly fitted and the tuning pegs hold the strings firmly.

I am unsure of the date the Cruiser Stratocaster was released, however I do know it is from Tokyo (the masters of technology). There are 22 frets clearly marked on and to the side of the frets. The frets get wider the closer the neck is to the body, which is not a very good feature. The fretboard materical is very smooth so would be perfect for Guitarists Who like to slide in their performance a lot. The body style is the Strat design used by famous guitairsts such as John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.The bridge has a String Thru body which is perfect for ametuer players as the string only has to be wound by the tuning pegs. On the Scratch-Board there are 2 Tone Controls and 1 Volume Control, however the markings are hard to understand and it's only easy to set them to 0 and 10. There are 3 pickips which work very well and produce a great sound which puts out no interferance. Included with this package was a gig bag which seperately would cost upto 10, a 10 watt Amplifier worth approximately 40. A 3 metre lead which retails at about 5 and a pitch pipe were also included aswell as the whammy bar and necessary tools for maintenance.