ST-120BK review by Crafter

Crafter: ST-120BK

Purchased from: Dealer

To be honest I play blues, hard rock, and thrash. When I bought it, I gave it a try. On the clear channel sounds great. Nice acoustics. The middle and bridge pick up are ok. I've tested a lot of cheap guitars but this one seems very nice. The only thing that bothered me was the usual hum. When I tried the distortion channel, there was a lot of feedback in my amp, so the sound is a bit muddy, but it's ok for a beginner. You can play very well some hard rock but not metal. I've changed the bottom single coil with a single like Duncan Seymour humbucker, for a nice tone and the rest with DiMarizio. Now it sounds like hell, screams loud, no problem with the noise or feedback.

After i changed the stock pups, with the new ones it sound very ok. I can play thrash with no problems. I've tried a lot of cheap guitars but this on shines above all. In order to have something worthy, you have to spend some money. I would recommend it for beginners. The stock pups are ok and the guitar can cope with every sound, except metal. But still between my Gibson Flying V and this one,... You guessed, I would choose the Gibson. Like I said it's good for beginners. I has some good quality.

To be honest, it passed 4 moths since I got the guitar, no scratches, no nothing. The paint job is very grate. Even the bridge not a single rust spot. The strap buttons are ok, pretty solid, I guess it could withstand a lot of stress.

The factory action was a bit high, no problem with that, I fixed it in 5 minutes. Pickups were ok adjusted, the bridge pup was a bit high. The finish was great, I got my guitar with a red cherry finish. The paint is very good, very shinny. The bridge new, chromed like color. Not a single rust spot. Everything came in order. The only thing that disappoints me is that the frets are a bit too rough. Not a good finish. It feels a bit cheap on the first hand. After a while you get used to it.

The guitar is brand new, factory made. It's a Koreean model. The standard 22 fret, 3 knobs, 2 volume 1 tone. The standard single coil. The bridge its just a standard cheap one. It looks like an ordinary strat, nothing to say here. Hard basswood body, maple neck, and a rosewood fingerboard. I liked the rosewood, it has a nice color. Rather what I've seen on other cheap strats this one is very nice. It came with a tremolo bar, straps, a set of strings ( buy new strings after you get the guitar, the standard ones are too standard), a set of picks, and the usual cable for the amp.

rv_phoenix
    I don't see why someone who owns a Gibson Flying V would waste his time and money on this mediocre Strat copy. Cratfers aren't consistent, and it is painful to look through a batch of crap, hoping to find the gem. You better save some 150 euros more and buy a real guitar (a Vintage V6, a Tanglewood Siganture or a Squier Classic Vibe, if we stich to the Strat design).
    redshift21
    Picked one of these up at the local charity shop for £10 ($15), I cleaned it, set it up right and but some DR Neon strings I got for £1 ($1.50) at a clearance sale, it plays okay and is surprisingly quiet for an unshielded guitar, I'm donating it to a local school, I know the music teacher there and they have a lot of kids from poor families that attend there. Good luck all