TE-3 review by Custom Guitar Workshop

Custom Guitar Workshop: TE-3

Purchased from: Custom Guitar Workshop

Well - I was impressed. Sounded like a real Tele - neck had that Stratty/Tele sound quite warm and Bridge was pretty true to what you would expect. Everything worked fine, no noise, great sound clean or overdriven. I swapped out the GW stock p-ups (which I believe are GFS "Vintage" Tele's) for Fender Custom Shop No-Caster ones and must say the were not as much better than I thought they would be so I'd give it an 8 with the original p-ups. Mind you the No-Casters do take it to a better place.

I play 50-80's rock, through my Marshall JCM800 and 2x12 which I've had since about 1980, so I'm an old rocker - and still loving it. I had actually tried a few "cheapies" in various guitar shops, including the Squire Affinity, SX Thinline, and some others, but bought this on spec because of good comments I'd heard on the vine, and am not dissapointed. She's a keeper as far as I am concerned. I was so impressed I bought a couple of their other models as well, all of which have not dissapointed me at all. Well done Custom Guitar Workshop.

It's very well built. The Koreans know how to make good quality guitars for hard earn't small bucks. I gig with it regularly and practice with it a lot. I got it to use while my 73 Thinline was being repaired and love it. Once I got the Thinline back I boxed it (ie the Thinline) and put it away prefering to play this little baby, because I can transition to Strat very easliy. Had it over a year and there are no probs, apart from usual bumps and scratches. Holds tune very well, easy to intonate and change strings etc... nothing not to like.

Again, I was impressed, the action was as close to perfect as you could hope for, low with NO buzz. A little minor adjustment by me for me was all it needed. The frets were well finished up and down the board, clean smooth edges and nicely polished, the neck felt great to wrap your hand around, is very straight with good tone acoustically, and quite fast too. The finish was almost PERFECT but for the F-Hole which needed sanding to smooth it out. Took me about 10min with very light grade sandpaper. I would have given it a 10 but for the F-Hole.

2010 Model, semi-hollow Tele style, Made in Korea. I paid $275.00 for it new on Ebay direct from the manufacturer, but they retail for around $590.00. Has 21 medium jumbo frets, 648mm scale, bone nut typical Tele/Strat neck, one piece maple with a maple cap, American basswood body, clear finish, HardTail Bridge with 6 x offset saddles, all chrome bridge, tuners, saddles and pickup selector, black scratchplate and knob on 3-way p-up selector, GW Tele pickups (MIK). Looks just like a telecaster. Nothing else included.

Linkerman
    karlisjov118 wrote: itss crap vith 1 pickup
    mynameisharp
    whiskychaser wrote: Linkerman wrote: karlisjov118 wrote: itss crap vith 1 pickup What are you talking about? It has 2 pickups... Besides, the fact of a guitar having just one pickup (which is NOT the case here) does not automatically make it "crap". I'm sick of all the irrelevant, stupid, ignorant and overall retarded posts from people like you all over the reviews. Learn to read, educate yourself, and get a life before spewing BS all around. F-in A Cotton, F-in A!
    never understood that bit
    ketchil52
    Firstly it has TWO (2), a NECK and BRIDGE Pickup. If you can't read at least look at the picture which is correvt in colour and detail. Secondly an opinion based on no direct experience of the guitar is VALUELESS to everyone, and of NO help to those interested in checking out the guitar out for say, budget reasons - besides which, you just don't have the experiential experience to make a valued/cconstructive comment in the first place. Thirdly, if you're going to scrap like kids then take it outside, this particular forum doesn't need this kind of CRAP.
    whiskychaser