Savage review by Daion

Daion: Savage

Produces a ver cool but sweet sound with clean effect and it's able to suit well to any affect(wah, chorus and distorsion from the highest to the almost none)at any volume. It sounds loud, but not in the bad form, in the good one, it only had a vibration on the cable jack wich caused some interference (down explained). The sound is excelent for the music I play.

I play a lot of punk, hard rock and metal and for all that it sounds like no other and quite loud (what is good for me). Thought my amp and pedal aren't the best things avaible in stores, it's enough and does very well. Since I saw it, I knew that was the love of my life. If it was stolen, I would kill for that guitar. I would only like it to have a tremolo bar.

It has more than 20 years and the only problem is there's some paint bone and like the guy Who sold it lives in front of the beach, it got some corrosion, wich I took out. I've played with it for 2 years (if don't play Live, I play 2 or 3 hour at home)and it hasn't any change.

Perfect from the guy that sold it. The hambucker pickups are perfectly adjusted and both work. Like it was used, came without the plastic cover of the pickup selector and the cable input jack was kinda deformed, causing interference, but now fixed. It has had a lot of hard hits and nothing has happened. I put the nine because it was used.

It's not really a new guitar and they aren't for sale now. Daion was a very cool Japanese brand but it broke. Mine it's a white (kinda yelow-ish for the time) Daion 1980 Savage. It has 22 frets and the bod allows to reach the last one like if it was the first, I mean, with no difficulty. It has 2 hambucker pickups, with 2 volme and 2 tone knobs.

vlad88888888
    These Daions are well made units and classy for a japanese brand. Not enough is written or known about them which is a shame. I have a 1979 Daion Strat that I have had for a year now and will be reviewing soon. (Watch that section soon.) "Long live Daion" Best Wishes Mike.
    sinister_steve
    You got a hell of a deal at $80 these savage models are very sought after like the old gibson and fenders from back in the day.
    sinister_steve
    I had to pay $650US plus shipping after looking for one for over three years. Ever since I played one many years ago in Australia I wanted one.
    sinister_steve
    Anyone in the bermingham area with one of these Daion guitars ? Would like to see another one. You can't beat these guitars. Makes sence as back in the 80s they were over $550US and a US made strat was going for $175US
    gatman692000
    amongst my collection of Guitars I am lucky enough to have procured a 1980 red Daion savage serial number 10587,given to me as a gift... plays well.
    sinister_steve
    For anyone els who wants to know he didn't pay $80 he paid more than I did for his daion savage. He put the wrong price down. I talked to him about it.