Rock Candy Custom review by Daisy Rock

• Reviewer's score: 3.8 Poor
Daisy Rock: Rock Candy Custom

I'm normally using a Line 6 amp on this guitar, which only occasionally works just the way I want it to. It's okay sound, but I don't get the power I'm begging for from a guitar. Also, whenever I hook the guitar up to my really high quality power mixer, I get the worst clean sound from it.

This guitar, I might suggest for beginners because I do give credit for the light weight of the guitar. Although I complain about the sound, if you have your amp at just the right volume with absolutely NO effects you get an alright sound if this is your first electric. However, I would not want to play this guitar in public. Overall, I'm only satisfied enough to stop myself from throwing it out the window.

Multiple times I've had a certain part fall off of this guitar. That little plate you plug your chord into, it totally unscrewed itself and fell in the middle of my playing. I've also had problems with the strap buttons falling off. I would not trust it in a gig. The finish, however, is pretty decent considering of all the times my strap buttons failed, there is only a single scratch on it. I'd expect much more from the damage it's given itself.

The "excellent" humbuckers I was promised are not at all what they seem. It sucks. Plus, whenever I click the Switch to Switch pick-ups, I get this really crappy buzzing sound out of my Line 6 amp. It really sucks. One more problem I find is that string three on my guitar goes INSANELY flat after just half an hour of practicing.

Construction: Set-Neck Body: Sycamore Neck: Mahogany Fingerboard: Rosewood Fret: 22 Medium Scale: 24 3/4" Inlay: Stars Bridge: TonePros Tune-O-Matic Tuners: Grover Hardware: Black Nickel Pickup: Duncan Designed Active Humbuckers [HB-105] Pickup: Duncan Designed Active Humbuckers [HB-105] Electronics: Master Volume, Master Tone, 3-Way Selector