56 Pro review by Danelectro

Danelectro: 56 Pro

Purchased from: Zenith Music

My style is a pretty all over rock sound; I play all over the rock spectrum. I'm heavily into alternative rock and this suits the music well, it's also good for playing classic rock. It has a nice bright, jangly sound. The lipstick pickups are fairly noisy, in a good way, it sounds fantastic without any effects, it gives a very pure hollowbody sound, it also sounds really nice with a good overdrive pedal, I use a muff overdrive and it has a fantastic brit rock crunch however when I use the distortion channel on my Fender hotrod or harder distortion pedals it's very hard to get a nice sound from this guitar, the guitars sound is very nice but limited.

This guitar matches up really well with some of my music, for heavier stuff I use a Yamaha Strat knock-off with humbuckers but for lighter music this guitar rules. I have been playing approximately just under a year and a half. I love the cleans I get with this guitar through my hotrod, I also love the finish on the guitar, I bought mine in a really tacky light blue colour, I just had to get this guitar in the tackiest colour they had because it looks awesome and stupid at the same time. If it were stole or lost I would definitely buy a new one assuming I can get it at the same price. Nice guitar well worth it considering the cheapness, it has a really different sound you aren't likely to get from other guitars.

This guitar seems fairly durable, I'm always careful with it because of its hollow body, it certainly sturdy but I'm always afraid of punching a whole through the wood. It's very lightweight so it would make a nice guitar to pay at gigs and I would certainly trust this without a backup but it's always best to be on the safe side, the strap buttons seem sturdy and the hardware appears tough, I've had no problem thus far after 2 months.

The guitar has a nice setup, the action is fairly high but it's still good, everything is in working order, the intonation is fine and there are no loose parts, the g string can tend to leave it's tuning but that doesn't seem to be happening as much these days, no idea why.

Made in Korea, not sure of the year it has a semi-hollow body composed of masonite and plywood. The neck is a bolt on made of maple with a 22 fret rosewood fingerboard. It has die cast tuners and an adjustable bridge, 2 knobs one for tone one for volume and a 3-way selector switch. The pickups are a pair of alnico single coil lipstick pickups. Its shape is reminiscent of a les paul and they come in a variety of block colours with a clear scratch guard.I recieved mine with a plain carry bag.

TheFreeBird
    finally, something i might actually consider getting. id like a black one. it seems like it would make a nice slide guitar
    appetite4gnr
    I want one so bad..I almost had 1 a while back for $200. a week later i went to get it and the price jacked up to $550. Apparently they make great slide guitrs.
    Bill the voice
    This is a sensible review. If you play clean this guitar is a dream to play and hear. I like the action too - smooth and comfortable.