59-DC review by Danelectro

Danelectro: 59-DC

Purchased from: ebay

I mostly play classic rock, mostly Zeppelin, Beatles, Floyd, some Sabbath and others. A big reason why I wanted to get one of these is because Jimmy Page used this guitar live for a few songs (Kashmir, In My Time of Dying, White Summer). It fits well with the songs Page used his Telecaster on as well as other songs with single coiled pickup guitars. The guitar has a Telecaster like tone to it, while at the same time it has an Acoustic feel since its hollow bodied. I have a Marshall AVT50 that I use and it okay with distortion, but absolutely amazing sounding clean channel. It is a great blues guitar. I'm giving it a 9 because although it's not the greatest guitar to play with distortion on, it sounds great on a clean channel.

If you play blues or classic rock type music this guitar would be a great fit for you. It's not too expensive and it's tone on clean channels are top notch. If it was stolen/lost I would definitely get another one. If you were thinking about getting a hollow bodied guitar, check this one out, you can even pull off Acoustic stuff with this guitar. Great buy and has few flaws.

When my band starts to play some gigs I will definitely bring this guitar without worrying about a backup. All the hardware seems pretty good and I definitely think it will last many years to come. It stays in tune very very well. I went two days (playing for about 2 hours each day) and it barely went out of tune.

As soon as I took it out of the box, the action was perfect. The pickups sounded good. However there are two things that I would change about it, the strap peg on the neck is in a very awkward position and it's hard for me to put my strap on it. And the other minor flaw is the bridge, which I haven't had any problems with as of yet, but the strings rest on a piece of wood which isn't the most stable. Otherwise the guitar is fine.

I got the 50th Anniversary White/Gold version. It's made in China. 21 frets, hollow body, double cutaway, badass bridge, two stacked volume and tone controls. 2 single coil lipstick pickups. On ebay, I received the guitar, new strings, 18 ft cable, and strap for $350 and I believe the seller has similar deals to this still going on.

blues+pinkfloyd
    This guitar is so great! I played a vintage U2 in a guitar shop, and looked up danelectro. I found out about the 59DC. I thought it looked really cool, then I found out that Syd Barret and Jimmy Page played one. So I found one on eBay for $280. It better than I could've hoped!