Dano Pro review by Danelectro

Danelectro: Dano Pro

Price paid: A$ 350

Well after reading the features this guitar doesn't sound so impressive, however teh sound is its key. Despite being made out of pretty cheap wood this guitar sings, The sound is jangly and frankly when compared to my other dano, an earlier moedel 6 Pro, the upgraded electronics make these guitar even nicer than before. I play rock from all over the place, this guitar eats up any music you play clean, the bridge has a county style twang to it while the neck is deep and glassy, also when both pickups are selected the volume is incresed and the sound becomes stonger and deeper. I play this through a Fender hotrod and it simply sounds beautful clean, it also handles low gain with aplomb and even takes me maxing out my fuzz pedal however it loses soem of it's quality. the guitar is fairly versatile, no less versatile than any other guitar anyway.

As previously mention I like rock, especialy alternative rock, this works great, I have a Firebird Studio (epi sadly) for my heavier playing and leave all the clean and lighter music to the dano. I've been playing somewhere in the vicinity of 2 years now and I use the dano with a Fender hotrod, a EH nano muff (which works really well with it), an MI Audio neo fuzz, Vox wah, biyang delay and Danelectro chorus, the guitr seems to work well with all my equipment. If it was lost or stolen I'd we insanely pissed off and definately would get another. Basically this guitar is insane, it's got cheap materials used in $200 guitars however it soudns nothing like a $200 guitar, it honestly has a sound to match guitars 3, 4 even 5 times it's price (it certainly holds it's own against my mates MIA Strat on cleans) and the shape, it's so odd, so intriguing, it's a shape you will either love or hate, I love it however there are some negatives to the guitar, it hs such limited fret access which can be a pain at times, the guiar is basically the anti shred guitar, no high gain, no high fret access, but that is not what it is made to do and if ou buy it for shred than you wasted $300, seriously I recomend this to anyway who wants a good clean guitar without breaking the bank and if you don't believe me on the sound whatch this video on youtube, this guy has a similar rig to me and he is showing off what the guitar can do https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=BYUwDGLKF14.

So far I have had no problems with this guitar, I have also had no problems wth my other Danelectro guitar and really I'm pretty rough with my guitars. The hardware on this guitra is solid, the elecronics are good, the strap buttons seem strong. I would definately gig with this guitar and I would not be afraid to do so without a backup (however I wouldn't as I have a backup), the finish seems pretty tough I don't think it's gonna rub off anytime soon.

The action on this guitar was near perfect when I got it, I lowered it slightly but by basically nothing. Unlike my previous dano the neck is thinner and faster, the action is much smoother and a dream to play. I am yet to find any flaws with the production of this guitar.

Made in 2007 this is the oddest looking guitar in the world, the hollow body is made of masonite and plywood and takes the shape of what appears to be a retarded domino. It has 19 frets with only 14-15 easily accesible, the fretboard is rosewood and the neck is C-shaped maple. It has an adjustable 6 saddle bridge, tone and volume controls and a 3-way switch controlling the beautiful lipstick pickups (x2). It has regular, fairly cheap tuners and came with a regular padded gig bag. My particular model came in Orange.

hazuing
    The shape is definitely a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing. I personally love it, and have managed to find one (they're so hard to get hold of) in the Aqua colour. I played one a while ago in a music shop, and it seemed so versatile. I play loads of stuff, from Jack-White-blues to 60s-garage-punk to 80s indie/alternative, and seriously, the Dano fits all those genres perfectly, and loads more (eg, surf, country, rock n roll). I wouldn't recommend it for hard rock, metal or classic rock, but for a lot of other genres, this guitar can be just right.
    Gryphon999
    Pingis_Or_Death
    Gryphon999 wrote: Great review!! I saw these Dano guitars in my local music store and it looks really retro. To bad u cant access 15+ frets. What is the scale of the guitar? I dont like the shape and the sound wont fit what I play but its a great gutar for country and blues and stuff liek that. Btw that link doesnt work (and yes of course i copied and pasted it in my web browser). Dont know if its just my PC but maybe u can fix that.
    You have to remove the space in the middle of the link.....
    munkyRobb
    dude u say the looks and the build quality dont matter....but seriously dude!! wtf were u thinking!!
    lespaul1963
    I've been playing for almost 30 years. I own a few Danelectros, original and recent manufacture. This Dano Pro is a pretty good guitar, especially for the price. Like the Danos I own, it is a "specialty guitar". I use them on certain songs, e.g., some 60's material, 80's new wave and some more recent alt rock tunes. Hey even Jimmy Page used a Dano back in the day. Danolectros aren't Custom Shop Strats or Les Paul Customs, but for the price, you could buy a Dano Pro in every color offered for what one of the aforementioned name-brand axes cost (not that you'd want to or need to).
    Limey
    I love mine. The satin-finish paint on the kneck feels great and where the fretboard meets the kneck is absolutely seamless. You can get so many different sounds from it. The short kneck means it's very nicely balanced.
    ofreena
    you must have got yours in tangerine? Thats the color mine is too! I ordered it last week.
    TheShoeless
    I have to say I come from Italy, i have an american standard Strat and a Gibson Sg but this guitar has a personality, a charisma that no other guitar has. It is the guitar I use for all my gigs, i won band contests with my Dano and I say that i love her sound! I play an Indie/ Country Pop genre and with The Dano Pro i Have the best sound i could ever search! Buy It! I use this and my Ibanez AF75TDG to record and to play everywhere.