Barchetta Eminent FR review by DBZ Guitars

DBZ Guitars: Barchetta Eminent FR

From Rock, Metal and Jazz and wearing many hats in my career (performer, teacher, engineer, producer, and student), my guitar needs to perform under different circumstances, often within the same day. The DBZ Barchetta has a rich, full sound for my metal and rock ventures. The stocked EMG 81/85 pickup set coupled with the Mahogany body and neck creates an unrivaled smooth tone using the neck pickup and a truly biting yet non ear piercing tone with the bridge pickup. My discoveries with EMG pickups have led me to believe that they can usually be very specialized of a sound (the pickup SOUNDS like an EMG; the EMG colors the tone of the guitar). However, this guitar and pickup combo does a great job of smoothing out the tone of the guitar while keeping true to a great dynamic variance from the player.

I'm currently in a rock band, a metal band, a cover band, music school for Jazz, an engineer, and a multi-genre songwriter/producer. I've been playing guitar now for eight years and have become well versed in many styles. This company had nothing but the musician in mind and created this product that not only looks fantastic, but also creates the widest array of sounds available for only $900-1000. Many of the DBZ Guitars are under $1000, but have the feel and playability of (dare I say it) some great Gibson guitars. You can bet your bottom dollar that if anything happened to this guitar I would be replacing it in a heartbeat. In fact, I will be buying many more guitars from this company. Dean Zelinsky has taken himself out of his original company (Dean Guitars) and has etched a brand new line of guitars that rival and surpass many companies from the finish, tone, wood and modern needs of every mode of guitarist. If there is a question about a great new guitar to add to your arsenal, regardless of playing style, look no further. The DBZ Barchetta or any other guitar from the line is the new guitar for you.

Right out of the store, I realized that this guitar was going to be my main guitar for all of my purposes. The only reason I would consider getting another guitar is for an alternate tuning, which can be hard to retune to different tunings because of its Floyd Rose. The Strap Locks I custom installed are solid and hold my guitar through all of The Dillinger Escape Plan-esque spastic motions I have on stage better than guitars that I own that do not have Strap Locks. The DBZ Barchetta's finish is a beautiful Trans Black Flame maple body that has not faded through the gigs and recording sessions it has been through and shows no sign of wear and tear.

I bought this guitar in December of 2010. Right out of the store, no extra setup (outside of reintonation for my guitar from Standard tuning to Drop C# tuning) was required to make this guitar play and feel like butter. The pickups needed no adjustment of height and was flawlessly placed to pick up each string and their colors and dynamics. I've extensively played this guitar for gigs and have recorded my band Needless To Say's EP (now out on iTunes and Amazon). Through all of the brutal van rides and shows around the state and into different studios, this guitar has no wear and tear to it anywhere on it's body. The make of the body is incredibly tough while keeping it's tone pristine.

Taken from DBZguitars.com: Set Neck/25.5 Mahognay/Flame Maple Body Mahogany Neck Ebonized Rosewood Fingerboard 22 Frets Premier Series Inlays Pearloid Purfling EMG-81/EMG-85 Pickups Vol/Tone/3-Way Grover Tuners Nickel Hardware (Gold on TGE Finish) Floyd Rose Original Bridge

Jkiernanguitar
    rv_phoenix wrote: The review sounds pretty much like a marketing leaflet published by DBZ themselves, not a real review. I'm sure it's a good guitar, but I'a also sure it doesn't deserve a 9,6. No Fender, Gibson, PRS, Ibanez or ESP guitars have received such a high rate. It is just way too much. Such is the 1 rate given by users. Everything excessive is insignificant.
    I would definitely understand where you're coming from with that statement. That's how I felt too when I first looked to try these guitars out. However, as I said in the review, I've played many guitars in my life so far. Going to music school I've played many guitars from Gibsons to PRS to ESP to Hagstrom guitars. For me, this guitar fit all of my needs and gave me the versatility to fit in all of these styles with the ease Gibsons and Fenders. If and when you play one, I think you'll see the high rating is well deserved. In any event, it's all up to opinion.
    rv_phoenix
    WatUWant???
    Kaster02 wrote: Second. And on further note I think they should change the name of the guitar company... Every time I see "DBZ something" I expect to see something out of Dragon Ball Z . If you're going to take the name, at least make the guitars a little more impressive or at least some crazy graphics. Goku could go Super Saiyan... what can these guitars really do?
    LOL. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought of "dragon Ball Z" for "DBZ" =P
    ProgJazzMath
    rv_phoenix wrote: I'm sure it's a good guitar, but I'a also sure it doesn't deserve a 9,6. No Fender, Gibson, PRS, Ibanez or ESP guitars have received such a high rate. It is just way too much. Such is the 1 rate given by users. Everything excessive is insignificant.
    Your comment was extremely insignificant. Gratz
    Kaster02
    MyUserName777
    Dingle87 wrote: Lets face it the people that thought DBZ was dragon ball Z, are sad, lonely little boys, that really need to get out more often and get a life
    Get off your high horse buddy. You obviously didn't have a childhood or are really old if you havn't seen DBZ at least once. That said, the joke needs to die. It was funny the first 2 times but now it's just annoying.
    Im_Broken
    Also, if that little cut away was less there, and more not there, that'd be sick.
    Im_Broken
    DBZ was my childhood homie
    Rockinguitar
    Oh no, it's gotta be in black. That's like a law or something. And
    THANK YOU!!!
    alexbu62395
    dude, same here, i saw DBZ and thought holy shit dragon ball z! theres got to be some cool DBZ graphic! nope. fml lol
    Jkiernanguitar
    Slashiepie wrote: The review seems fake..
    Try out the guitars they honestly, for me, deserve the words.
    Jkiernanguitar
    Slaytan666 wrote: Damn. Gonna have to take one of these for a spin.. Anyone know if this guitar is offered with a string-through-body option?
    Yes they do They offer models that are not Floyd Rose equipped and are string through I am considering getting one of those too for multiple tuning purposes.
    Vypor
    Not quite sold on it yet, I do like LP body shapes better but I will say it is quite sexy.
    Slaytan666
    Black Hazard
    Dragon Ball Z is iconic and has been around for years, and as such plenty of us have grown up with it. Did you not know that? Maybe you need to get out more, guitar playing geek.
    CaMacKid
    Really?
    Dingle87
    NoInnerKind
    I also thought it meant Dragon Ball Z. I was expecting to see pictures of people from the show on the guitar hahaha.
    rv_phoenix
    maowcat wrote: Look at it this way, is this review done for other people or for the individual reviewer? Wanna know my ten out of ten guitar? An ibanez RGD2127z with a trem block on it. No Complaints, nothing at all. For me it can do everything that i want to do, i just need the money to buy one. I sold my $1800 strat for a schecter blackjack atx and i will honestly say it was the best purchase i ever made. I would give that strat a 6-7 MAYBE where my schecter is an easy 9. Guitars are preference, should he give it a 7 just because it would sound terrible in a lynyrd skynyrd tribute band (which i doubt it would)?
    You're right about the Ibanez, dude! It's a fantastic guitar. I've never encountered, however, in about 30 years of playing, a 9,6 guitar. And I've played on very rare custom handmade ones too. Not even my guitars, modded by me to suit my specific music, hand-wired, internally insulated etc. etc. deserve a 9,6... The ideal guitar is the guitar in your dreams. Reality comes with all sort of shortages. Like, for instance, the Floyd Rose tremolo on this guitar. It holds the tune well, but it's universally known as the sustain killer. For a player less experienced than Jkiernanguitar, it isn't so friendly. A love it/ hate it thing shouldn't be rated, dare I say, as almost straight 10. As for the DBZ name, it's hard to change, since it means "Dean B. Zelinsky". The founder of Dean Guitars, after selling its business twice (?!), has founded a new company, called DBZ. It makes good guitars, but 9,6 is too much, once again. I'm sure it's a great guitar, don't suspect me of anything wrong. I was just expressing a legitimate doubt about the rate.
    maowcat
    rickysolima
    been looking at a sunburst one probley gonna order it next week sometime and ill make a revievw as well.lookng at the spec's can you really go wrong.i play rock and metal and as far as a clean buttload of reverb should fix that.