Barchetta ST-FR review by DBZ Guitars

DBZ Guitars: Barchetta ST-FR

Purchased from: The Electric Guitar Shop - Fairview, NC

I play mostly metal and hard-rock so this guitar suits my stile perfectly. The pickups are HOT enough to really push out some great metal tones and with the split coil function you can get some beautiful, shimmering cleans too. I use a Line 6 Spider III 150 combo amp and the Barchetta sounds amazing on it. On the bridge pickup with the coils on humbucker, you get some great leads and brutal crunch. With the coils split, it (obviously) cuts the output so you get great rock tones perfect for some grunge covers or whatever you need that isn't too heavy. On the neck pickup, the tone is beautiful. It produces great warm, woody tones and with the coils split you get amazing clean tones.

I love this guitar. I'm usually not a fan of guitars with a Floyd Rose but I've gotta say, this guitar has changed my opinion on them. I've been playing for six years and have owned 13 guitars. I'd say I know what I'm talking about when I say this guitar is awesome. I play metal and hard-rock so this guitar is perfect for me. I love how this guitar feels to hold. The neck feels very natural and easy to get around the neck. If this guitar were ever broken or stolen I would be totally devastated. I would immediately buy a new one. I would compare this to the Telecaster that I built myself. I'm not bragging on it but the luthier that helped me build it said it was one of the best guitars he had ever played. I would say this guitar plays just as good if not better than that.

This guitar is solid as a rock. This thing can really take a beating. Not that I would, but I think I could throw this thing across the stage and it wouldn't have a scratch. This is going to be my main guitar from now on. I can trust this guitar with my life. The finish is going to last forever but, naturally, finger prints and smudges show up very easily.

No complaints in this department. I love everything about how this guitar looks and how it plays. The action is pretty low, which I like. The Floyd Rose came set up in Half Step, which is great for me since I was going to keep it in half step anyway. Everything was set-up, tuned, and finished perfectly.

This beautiful Super Strat guitar was made in China in 2010. It has 22 frets with a ebonized rosewood fret board and a 25.5" scale length and premiere series "diamond" inlays. Features a carved top mahogany body and a soft V maple neck. The finish on mine is a beautiful dark cherry with a sort of sparkle in the paint. The most striking thing about the body of the guitar is the carve on the body. The horns on the guitar don't simply stop when the body widens out at the bottom, they continue to the inside of the body giving it a very unique look. The neck is set in and flows into the body perfectly. The pickups are passive DBZB/DBZ5 with coil-tap. The controls are very simple with one volume, one tone, and a three way toggle switch. The Barchetta features a licensed Floyd Rose tremolo. The tuners are locking Grover. It comes with an awesome gig bag. I love the way this guitar looks. This is my tenth guitar and I must say it is one of the most beautiful of them all.

dinley
    The_Jayroh wrote: DRAGON BALL Z!
    I see I'm not the only one who thought this!
    RylanThePotato
    comments on every DBZ manufactured guitar: "ITS OVER 9000!!!!" or "you need all seven for it to work"
    davidpepper
    I have a cherry red Barchetta just like the one in the picture but mine has no floyd rose. I gotta say this is by far the nicest guitar I have ever held; let alone play! And comming from someone who has been playing since 10years old, thats really saying something! The Pickups blow me away every time I plug it in. Everytime I hold it again it always gives me that feeling when I first unwrapped it on my 18th birthday. Thats true love! It only gets better as the years pass. A definent must have for any player who wants to get serious. oh, and I got mine off of ebay for 199$ and that includes a DBZ Barchetta Hard Case. If your patient it will be available for an affordable price.
    notryt
    DBZ BARCHETTA FM FR My latest acquisition.. any of you that have doubts... this is PRS quality and actually a better guitar than the PRS SE.. The neck is fantastic.. thin and kinda v shaped.. Unless you require active pickups there is no need to swap out the dbz pups.. very clean neck (reminds me of a giovanni gvh-2.. The bridge pickup has a slight bite to it.. not as aggressive as a detonator.. but definitely not clean.. If you happen apon one check it out.. you will be impressed.. I have gone thru over 200 lefties in the last 4 yrs and very few actually impressed me the way this did.. Actually this is the only guitar that was ready to play out of the box.. it was even perfectly in tune.. BTW I play thru an Egnator and Blackheart chained together and its a celestial experience..I get visions of Robin Trower dancing in my head... I agree that a line 6 is not the best amp to test out a guitar... but you dont need 150 or more watts to make a statement... just a good 5 watt valve should do the trick.
    hof0701
    Allen....Floyd Rose. I got the ST-FR to try them out. I play it through my Blackstar HT 50 watt half stack. What a find. Baout to buy another and plan on keeping the stock pups as they have more character than any of the Seymours I have tried. Love the lines, Best neck I have ever held. Selling my Gibson to get another. Gibson - What an overrated instrument and got too many people BRAIN washed..
    allen.shaw.54
    Floyd Rose or string through body? Any strong opinions either way? My other guitars are all fixed bridge (Gibson, and Teles). Thanks!
    rv_phoenix
    The review isn't a good one indeed. And a 9,8 ranking makes this guitar superior to almost all PRS, Fender and Gibson stuff. And I seriously doubt that a 600 $ guitar, made in China and played through a crappy Line6 Spider III worths such a high ranking. It looks good, it appears to be good for metal (which means it is virtually good for everything above Jazz), but... it's a long way to the stars. And manufacturing in China isn't much of a propellor.
    tombogiri
    I have the Cobalt Blue model. I'm quite happy with it but I do paln to replace the pups with SD Distortions. Mine was made in Korea.
    TexxasJoe
    I recently bought a DBZ Barchetta ST FR from a dealer on Ebay. It is cobalt blue mahogany body and mahogany set neck with ebonized rosewood fingerboard. It has DBZ humbuckers with 3 way & coil tap & Floyd Rose trem. It was made in Korea. It's a great axe. I caught it on a super sale price and I won't part with it. And the V neck is great. And I also own a homemade strat and tele and an AXL strat. It's as good as any of them. The only thing I'm gonna do is upgrade to a brass sustain block. That's $20.00. Check em out.
    Shirate
    I want a barchetta SO BAD!!!! (Btw, it's italian for "small boat", and pronounced "bar-ket-ta"
    motorxtp199
    That 150 must be loud but you should use your money to get a new amp if you ever want to play on stage
    Oosh.
    Hate to jump on the band wagon but y'know, spider III. Very nice looking guitar though.
    dogonya0
    I own a Barchetta ST-FR. I have had this guitar for about 6 months and the bridge pickup ceased to function. Apparently there is NO WARRANTY, as after 4 attempts, they don't feel the need to talk to me. I can get no response from the company. I wasted a pile of money on a pile of garbage. Kind of like my first wife, pretty to look at, but not worth a crap.