Bird Of Prey review by DBZ Guitars

DBZ Guitars: Bird Of Prey

Purchased from: Ebay

The emgs in this guitar are great it has amazing clean tones and has really really really good metal tones blues wise or anyhting like that it does not do very well with but its great with metal she screams so well. I play thrash metal so it works great for my style but again do not plan on using this thing for anything but clean and metal tones.

I am very happy with this guitar its not pefect but it is close to it if you want a guitar that looks amazing and I mean amazing but also has amazing metal tones this is the guitar for you. If I were to loose this guitar I'd buy another one as soon as I could. Dean has made one amazing guitar that I love to death. I have played a lot of guitars but this is by far the best it just feels right in my hands and when you first open the case it just shines and your just like HELL YEA!

This guitar is bulit like a rock the only problems you may have is cliping the sides of the guitar as there so long but other then that they should not be to many problems with durability and playing live. The hardware is set up perfect and I have never any problems with the hardware. The strap buttons are also rock solid and set pefectly.

I love the colors on this guitar its like mixing black with green with white and then adding some sparkles very nice its so nice in fact that its almost scary to look at. Everything about this guitar is well made its one of the best guitars you can get for the price and I was happy how well it was set up the action is great pickups perfect and I'm happy to say no flaws that I can see no problems here.

This guitar was made in korea she has 24 frets and a thin neck and although I would have liked the guitar to have a slightly thicker neck it is a good neck you can really shred on the neck. The wood in the neck is rosewood. She has a really cool body its like a Dean razor back but not as crazy. The guitar has EMG active pickups has a volume tone and a 3-way. She also has black grover peg tuners. The case is ok it could have been a lot better and its not super high protective but it gets the job done. The one thing that I hate about this guitar is where the jack is set up I really wish the jack had been in the back as this would make it way better.

mikeysteve
    I'm liking the somewhat original design I hate all the strat, les paul and V copies This is ok cause its a V with a horn its cool
    metalhead 321
    EpiExplorer wrote: Sweet. Fucking. Axe. Well, actually its a little wierd. But I like it.. D:
    its different but it looks like it would play like a dream...
    Hells.Mascot
    How have so many of you not heard of DBZ? It started in '08, it's run by Dean Zelinsky (sp?), the guy who started Dean but got sick of their shit. The guitars are better than Dean in every way, but they are still plagued by the fact that they usually look better than they sound. Apparently they play well, though.
    HoddiDarko
    Weird looking guitar, pretty brutal tho. Fits some thrash and death metal well. Congrats on the axe! Must be a hell of a player.
    scion_of_glory
    Nice axe man!! I'm thinking of picking up one of these guitars. Can they shred? Like, how is the neck? None of that fancy radius stuff?
    jeffmetalhead
    metalheadmarks wrote: I wanted to sorry to everyone for my review being....not so great as I wrote this fast I just wanted to give a quick thought about the guitar...sorry
    Next time don't rush into writing a review so you can do the guitar some justice. I recommend owning the guitar for at least one month or 30 days or so with minimum 1.5hours a day of playing the guitar so as best to find good and bad points of the guitar and stay objective.
    Good_Lord
    SilverSpurs616
    Great looking guitar, terrible review. Had my eye on this one for a while now. This is in the top 5 of "worst reviews I've personally read on UG"..shame.
    KataklysmDeth
    Ok again sorry for the triple post but upon further research you will see these guitars popping up a lot in the metal scene. Trust me. Go to the dbz website.
    KataklysmDeth
    I'm sorry again but these guitars are just so cool. I just watched an interview with Dean and he showed the headstock. The logo is actually not embedded on the wood. It's hard to explain but it's ridiculous and very very cool.
    Good_Lord
    sweet news for 2011 .. 7 string bird of prey from DBZ ! I think I need 2000 bucks to spare ...
    HolyReaper
    KataklysmDeth wrote: legato89 wrote: Dragonball Z guitar? I thought the same thing!!! I've been to their website and I think this is actually better than Dean. They make guitars for all styles and all body types. Good_Lord wrote: I wish they made a 7 string version ... especially the radioactive green one !!! love that guitar All I have to say is HELL yes.
    Well they made 7 string versions, not sure i they have a radio active design one, but they have all black ones, they look Sexy as hell.
    megadethfan 666
    rob904 wrote: it looks like the misbegotten love child of a warlock a razorback and a V, and I'm not saying thats a bad thing
    ooor it just a sharp dimebag, still a sexy though
    megadethfan 666
    ooor it just a sharp dimebag, still a sexy though
    CrimsonDemise
    Bird of prey has 8.6 overall rating while DBZ Venom has 6.8. I dont understand it , its the same guitar , bud Bird has one "arm" more . Why do people rate this guitar that much better than Venom ? Sorry for bad language.
    KataklysmDeth
    legato89 wrote: Dragonball Z guitar?
    All I have to say is HELL yes.
    metalheadmarks
    abbydaddy03 wrote: I have sworn off trying to teach people how to write english. Still, this one is pretty feeble, oh well, hope you write your resume better. :}
    dude im only 14 give me a break I was playing her while I was was writing too dude im only 14 give me a break and I was playing as I wrote this lol
    damn right it does
    rob904
    Agent_Shagwell
    As soon as I read this I realised that, good call.
    MonsterOfRock
    ShadyianShow wrote: Hope the volume goes over 9000! of this guitar xD
    icwutudidthr Good metal guitar, terribly worded review. Its a mahogany body and neck, the FRETBOARD is rosewood (a rosewood neck costs half the price of this guitar). Pups are EMG 81/85s. And the OFR is a pretty major feature that hasn't even been mentioned. Also, something that pointy can never have 10/10 reliability.
    devilex121
    OVER 9000!?!?!?!?!?
    Skwisgaar S
    That guitar is freaking sexy. Too bad it prob cost double the price of the guitar to have one shipped to South Africa
    ScarletToSnow
    Awesome axe, never heard of dbz before but I kind of want to check 'em out now. Love how the bevels make the V shape stand out
    Leather Sleeves
    derpdragon
    I've gotten the chance to play one of these and a Cavallo, they where seriously two of the best guitars I've ever played.
    abbydaddy03
    Glenn Guitar
    Deserves a better wrote review. This thing is a razorback killer. And if you go to the right places, can be pretty damn cheap for what you're getting.
    Necrosaber
    Leather Sleeves
    Necrosaber wrote: Leather Sleeves wrote: Well, I guess I'm not the only one who though of something else when I saw the initials "DBZ". Well, just don't buy any DBGT guitars, they're really the crap! lololol Sometimes I feel I'm the only one who really likes DBGT guitars. They have some interesting stuff in them.
    Mmmm... occasionally.
    lava4485
    I must say one bad thing about it.....It is "set-neck" while I always want: "Neck-thru"