Dave Mustaine VMNT Angel Of Death review by Dean

Dean: Dave Mustaine VMNT Angel Of Death

Price paid: A$ 1600

Purchased from: Rockshop NZ

I play a variety of music my main being metal and rock but I play jazz and classical aswell, it is perfect for metal because it is a very bassy sounding guitar but it also great for screaming solos. I am currently running it through a Line 6 Spider III 120 watt with a Boss pw10 wah and it sounds great for me I love the sound and how loud the active pickups make my amp go. It is a tad noisy with heaps and heaps of distortion but if you r a gud player you will be able to eliminate that with ur playing style or buy a noise suppressor. the guitar is mostly set up for metal obviously but it does do some quite nice clean tones aswell but it does not look the part for classical or jazz playing styles so really it should stick to metal or rock playing.

I play mostly rock and metal and this guitar literally rocks the house. I have been playing four years now and this is the best guitar I have ever played I even like it better than a Gibson les paul and I am a huge fan of them trust me. If it was stolen I would find out Who stole it go to their house and roundhouse kick them until they die the wankers I love this guitar. If I wish it had one thing the only thing is that has 2 volume knobs instead of 2 tone but what can you do?

I haven't played a Live show with this guitar but I think if taken care of properly it would stand up to a lot although I would always have a backup guitar no matter what. The hardware will last for a long time is is rough and rugged metal that is meant to last. The strap buttons are jim Dunlop strap locks so they will hold your strap on great and if it falls off then you musnt have put it on correctly. The finish is definitly thick and will last as long as the guitar does which I'm hoping is a very long time.

This guitar was quite well set up straight from the factory I haven't changed anything although I think it may have been fiddled with while it was in the store because I knw most guitars aren't so perfect from the get go, the pickups are at a gud height for me the bride pickups could be lowered a bit but no biggy for me. Apart form that everything is absoluetly perfect.

This is a Dean dave mustaine signature guitar made in korea in 2006 I think, it has 24 frets and is a mahogany dave mustaine spec neck so it is wide and flat and is a 25.5' scale neck. The body and neck are both made from mahogany and is has a black finish all over with dave mustaine's angel of deth graphic. Body style is based on a Jackson king v, the bridge is a tune-o-matic with a string thru body, it has active dave mustaine duncan live wires. Tuners are grovers. Came with a hard case with a moulded interioir, jim Dunlop strap locks and an alan key

Edirp9o9o
    This guitar looks amazing haven't tried it out yet but about the price i looked online and saw one for 1100 unused so thats an extra 500 in my pocket so just sayin look around u will find better prices than 1600...
    ThatFlyingThing
    HairMetal-IsGod
    I ordered mine last night, 750 'Angel of Deth'...played it in the shop and it was just beautiful, I cant wait!
    flyboyC17
    I got it for $1100 on ebay, preorder. Came with a cool Dave poster playing it and signed by him. Amazing guitar, although i play in a metal band i like to play blues at my house when im bored and you can get some nice bluesy tones out of this. I do however hate when the high E string gets caught under the frets.
    M3AK
    ThatFlyingThing wrote: sk8magic49 wrote: lol! Everyone talk about a cost of 500 bucks, but this is the VMNTX (instead of VMNT) that is the cheapest version and they're not only different pickup. You can't comparate this VMNT high end guitar with this beginner one. This is absolutely not the same guitar and the pickups really don't sound the same. The VMNT is a bit expensive, but you don't pay just for the graphic. You pay for an high quality guitar that sound amazing!!! (excuse my mistake, i'm french) You might have made a grammatical mistake because English, as you said, isn't you're native language, but this is actually the VMNT. I agree though, the VMNTX doesn't even compare. I'm picking up the VMNT in silver. Take note of that ladies and gentlemen, you DON'T have to buy this guitar in the Angel of Death print; I'm buying mine in the silver finish for only $800. So yeah, you sacrifice some of the flash and pizzaz of the graphic, but it's the same guitar, looks more fitting of standard rock, and costs a solid $400-800 less.
    You should probably note that the version of the VMNT you are buying isn't American then. The American VMNT guitars in the Silver and Black finishes still cost around the same price. Your's will be a Korean import.(Not that there's anything wrong with that. I've never owned an American made guitar as I'm Scottish and the import prices are a joke.) So buyers take note if you are getting one of the Silver or Black ones for a considerable amount less it is probably one of the exports. My friend owns a USA VMNT and played one of the Korean ones in the shop and said he prefered it as it played and sounded the same but was lighter.
    sk8magic49
    !BEN!
    Ah i played the gears of war version of this, not the USA model but still, sweet guitar, worth every penny
    MGB2
    I played one of these things at a music store for like 45 minutes until I got kicked out,
    Matthiasberndt
    Played it for the first time today. I run it through my Single rectifier and it sounds really good. what i dont like about it is that it is put together quite badly. The high E string can get stuck under the frets if it would slide of the neck. But i guess you get what you pay for. Good guitar though.
    ACIDO_SULFURICO
    I have one and it sounds gorgeous... and i running through a four years old Laney and soon i will be playing with a marshall... so i really recommend this guitar specially if you want to play some kick ass metal, and it sounds good for some blues too. NOTE: IN GUITAR CENTER THE PRICE IS 1200$ NO 1600$!
    TheSoother
    I got one of the United Abomination stripped down version of the VMNT (came with Dean pickups that were quickly disposed of for some Duncans) Same sound for roughly $520 that ive put into this guitar.
    FTW330
    1600???? I got mines for 500 cause of different pickups and mines is all black, The angel of death looks expensive but worth it
    phantasma667
    HAHA why is everyone so shocked on the price you know if you want a good guitar your gonna have to pay for it and lets face it if you want a guitar like this you either intend to make money with it so it will pay for itself or you are a a diehard megadeth fan in which case you probably dont have much cash but realy this guitar has made me back what i paid for it times two mainly because ive only ever changed the strings 4 times and i do all the matinance myself but yes over all a good guitar and worth its money