Dave Mustaine VMNT Angel Of Death review by Dean

Dean: Dave Mustaine VMNT Angel Of Death

Built for metal and this think does its job. I leave it tuned to Standard but it will handle drop tunings. I practice through a Peavey Valve King, but this thing shines through a Marshall JVM or a Mesa I prefer the Marshall just too loud for my bedroom and downstairs hates it. Mahogany body and livewire pickups give you a solid sound that loves overdrive as well as clean amp settings. Note if your gonna scoop your mids you'll prefer EMG 81's or Blackouts but if your gonna crank the mid's to 11 you'll love these. I did put string saver saddles on here but I put them on everything it did kill this things bite a bit but harmonically improved it.

I have been playing for 12+ years and this is the first guitar I have ever loved out of the box prefect for shredding and rhythm it's got Dave's name on it and it lives up to it. I use this as my number 1 with a Jackson KV5FR as a back up and I have an LTD AX-400 all with Duncans. The only thing I wish was that this guitar had string saver saddles and a locking Tune-O-Matic bridge. I'm already thnking about the new Angel of Death 2 because it has a matching graphic but will need adjusted but when I'm done it will be a zero version of this with a rosewood fingerboard insted of ebony.

Take this thing to your next gig people can't take their eyes off this thing and it walks the walk too. The hardware is black and looks and feels solid no need to worry about tarnish. strap lock Standard equipment and balanced button position. Always have a backup save up and get a second Mustaine signature weather it be Rust in Peace, Zero, Fear, or whatever as long as it says Dave Mustaine and has live wires with a set neck. They are going to be releasing a Floyd Rose model soon if I didn't already have a Jackson KV5FR I'd get it still might.

I did adjust the action but any seasoned player will its not yours till you fiddle with something. This is the first guitar that I received out of the box that I didn't spend $300 to customize it gave me a whole new view point on Dean guitars the razorbacks are to hit and miss between models and finishes these are all made with quality parts from the $700 model to the USA models.

This is Dave's signature model the only differance between this one and what he plays is his is USA made and this one's Korean. His sig specs are 24 fret, 25.5 inch scale, D shaped Mustaine approved neck, Mustanie unique inlay, and Dave's signature pickup's, a Tune-O-Matic Bridge set neck construction, string through, Graphtech nut, and Grover tuners. The finish on this guitar is so amazing I saved up for it for 6 months it had 1 bubble in the artwork but I was nitpicking and found it. The active electronics are similar to a jb jazz set with more output and less feedback. The case is great a little big but not too bad. I also fell in love with the strap locks not I only use dunlops.

metalpup
    i am between this and the Jackson Kvmg...has anyone tried both of them??? an opinion would be very useful
    Ryder843
    I wanted one on my 1000 dollar budget ended up getting a jackson dk2m from 1997 for 100 bucks I got it setup the frets crowned and kept 700 dollars in my pocket sound and playability on my jackson is better than the vnmt I guess the artwork is what u pay for
    Reaper/chaos
    this is a beautiful guitar... its astonishing, and i want one but i cant aford it... i want the real, amarican made, angel of deth graphic, with the original pickups in it. I must ask how is your e string getting stuck underneath the frets? Is it getting stuck underneath the metal bands that are sunk into the wood?
    Nochthitus
    sure it's got 24 frets, 2 high power duncan pickups and a pretty picture, but it's not worth a minimum of $1200...
    symbolofmylife
    I paid $650 for mine (excluding a trade of a useless, yet spotless LTD). Took some time getting used to hooking it over the leg when playing seated, but as soon as that was over, this thing blew my mind. Its just overall excellent...great action, neck and great tone. I love it so much I am thinking of getting me a VMNT-X in black also, as it is a lot cheaper.