Dave Mustaine VMNTX review by Dean

Dean: Dave Mustaine VMNTX

Purchased from: MuziK

I play a lot of types of metal and sometimes rock. I've a Ross 25rg amplifier and a Zoom GX1N and really it sounds like a 1st class guitar. In distortion channel it sounds aggressive and sharp, it's great for rythm guitar but best for play a lot of solos. It's a versatile guitar, and it's great to play different styles, but the metal it's him favourite. When you play for example blues it's not sound really very good.. The guitar is made to played thrash metal and that it's all. I'm very happy with the sound.

I play from blues to death metal, and the guitar really fits quite well to all styles. Buy this guitar because my idol is Mustaine, if they steal it, lose it or something happened probably would return to pick this Dean. At the time of purchase had to decide between this Dean, an Epiphone Les Paul Standard II, one Dean Squier Stratocaster or other which I forget the name. I chose this guitar for its striking form and presence considering the sound and aesthetic. It has everything that a true rocker or metalhead may be looking at a guitar from medium to high.

Guitar is a long life, but with a lot you have to be careful. As I said before the paint is perfect and difficult to score. To transport also have to be very careful as it is a large and showy guitar. Quietly can stand playing in front of thousands of people, you have to have him confidence. It is advisable to change the mics after a while of having it and put a Seymour Duncan Mustaine's Set, for less money because we are having nearly a VMNT.It looks to have for a long life as I said, highly recommended.

The guitar is very well made ​​with a termination almost excellent. The mics are placed perfectly in place and everything is set to perfection. The only bad thing is the welding circuit cables, that stink, I think if I welded it looked better. But despite everything, it has very good finishes and it did not come with any failure. Also this very neatly painted and when opened the box the guitar had a protection to cover the tips and risky places to hit. Practically is almost perfect, except for the bloody details of the big brands.

Is from the year 2011 I think, it was made in China. It have Baswood body and Maple neck with Solid-top. The finish is shiny silver finish. She've the classic body and bridge style of Dave's guitars (the classic Dean Flying V). She've passive electronics with a 3-way selector, 1 volume control and 2 tone control. She've 2 Dean humbuckers mics, but they're easy to change despite it sound really good. She've come with him case. It come with very beautiful features for the price payed. It's a very beautiful guitar and it worth it.