Dave Mustaine VMNTX United Abomination review by Dean

Dean: Dave Mustaine VMNTX United Abomination

Purchased from: Music City Guitar Outlet

This is a guitar for anyone, the pickups are for Funk, Metal, Alternative, Rock, Country, and even Jazz, but the guitar looks like it's for metalheads which I am. I, at first hooked this guitar amp with a Fender Frontman 15G Amp, this amp (as I would soon discover) I horrible, the amp only offered Trebble, Middle, and Bass! But this guitar sounded awesome, so you can only imagine this music this thing put out when I bought a 75-watt Line 6 Spider III. If you turn the tone knob Counter-clockwise all the way, then you got yourself a Blues Guitar, Country Guitar, Jazz Guitar, if you turn it half way, then you got yourself a alternative, Softrock, John Mayer-Like Guitar. If You Crank it All the Way Clockwise, you got yourself a metalhead's treasure, This will create a crunchy, chunky beautiful metal tone that you expect to hear in Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Slipknot, Anthrax, System Of A Down, or any Death/Black/Heavy/Punk Metal Band, Thanks To the built in effects in my Line 6 such as Flanger, Overdrive, Distortion, Wah Wah, Reverb, Distortion, and stuff like that I can play just like the pros, this guitar is great because of the variety of music I can Play.

I play Metal, but this guitar will play it all. I've been playing for 6 months but I'm no beginner, This guitar is for those who love music A guitar like this is only for those who play it regularly and are comminted. This guitar is Dean's best I recommend it to anyone who is serious about guitars. If anyone stole this, I would track 'em down and get my guitar back, I would buy a new one since it's cheap and a quality guitar, but mine is definitely a big deal since it's my first electric. I love the look, I love the sound, I love that there's nothing to hate! This is better then all of Dave Mustaine's Jacksons, ESP's and It's the best in Value for his Dean Lineup. I recommend this to anyone and everyone.

This guitar will last forever, It can definitely withstand gigs the guitar is strong enough to. This guitar seems to me like it will play and keep me happy for many years to come. Be sure to take precautions The Strap Button is pretty large, it didn't appear to me that the strap was gonna slip off. Whether it was paranoia, saftey or just plain common sense (maybe all of these), I got strap locks. I couldn't trust it, even though I went 2 Months without straplocks, The strap didn't slip out, I didn't want to stick around to see if the strap could stay In, but even though I went 2 Months without a slip, I would always recommend strap locks, You'll never know when it slips so prevent the slipping altogether, especially if you're going to gigs. The paint Has Never Chipped, and I one accidentally hit a wall with my guitar really hard, not a single chip This guitar is gonna last.

This guitar Is is made well. The strings that come with this guitar suck, replace them, but other than that I saw no problem, although the only problem was scary but not that big of a deal: I was once changing my strings, I put a String on the saddle, as I tried to line it up with the nut, with too much speed, I hit the nut it fell off, I panicked, but then I bought some Super glue and put it back on, successfully I might add. But it was my fault, Just know it can happen. And if the happen to notice the saddle comes out, but that's a plus! The saddle is made of metal and it comes out so you can adjust is to you liking, in case you accidentally forget if the saddle is on the way, know this: the side with the screws face the pickups this guitar was built perfectly.

I got this guitar at a good price, My guitar is silver, it does not have the United Abominations graphic. You can find the dealer of eBay. On the lowerback of the head stock it say "Made In China" whether it means the wood is from china, the neck is from china, or the whole guitar is from china, I do not know. This guitar has 24 frets, which is enough for me to play guitar, the most a guitar can have is 25 frets, but I never needed to use that 25th fret. The neck is very skinny, so I can reach between strings quickly, just how I like it, the neck is long, but it's no problem switching between lower and higher frets. The body is made of Basswood, it gleems it's shiny and smooth it's beautiful. The neck is rosewood, it smooth and shiny, I've had my guitar for almost 3 months, with all my playing, it's felt like 6 months, but the guitar looks like it's brand new. The headstock is maplewood it has Dave Mustaine's signature on it which makes the guitar something to brag about, even though it's a printed signature copy. I've always been a fan of V-guitars, and I love this one because of the sharp edges. It has A string-thru-body design with makes changing strings a pleasure, the Tune-O-Matic Bridge keeps the tune perfect for about 8 days it depends on how much you play (I play 6 hours a day), then you need to do a little tuning. This model has Dean humbuckers not Dave Mustaine Seymor Duncans. But you can get them for about $170 and I plan to do that, that'll save me about $400 because I paid $217, the pickups are $170 and the VMNT is around $800 the only difference between the VMNT, and the VMNTX is that the VMNT neck is bolted on the body and the inlays, and the pickups for the VMNT is The Dave Mustaine Pickups. So keep that in mind: If you buy a VMNTX and upgrade the Pickups; you got yourself a VMNT at half price. But back to the review: the Dean Pickups sound awesome, you might want to keep them if you replace them I know I will, because If you buy another guitar, a Jackson, for example, these pickups are gonna sound better than the Jackson generic pickups. The Tuners are Grover Tuners which are permanetly lubricated, so tuning your guitar is effortless. The guitar comes with A guitar-amp cable and a allen wrench (Keep The Wrench!!! It's Crucial!!!)

MaggaraMarine
    Ibanezbass4life wrote: M3AK wrote: You've got two fingers right up Dean and Dave Mustaine's arse hole here man. Seriously I've played this guitar and it sucks. Also, I own a spider. Nothing sounds good through a spider EVER. Ignorant douchebag, you're just another Spider-hating *****. Why don't you take those words and shove it up your ass? Maybe spiders aren't the best, but to say that this guitar sucks? are you f*cking kidding me? you know NOTHING about guitars you ignorant f*ck. I happen to own one and it's GREAT! take it from someone who actually OWNS the guitar you stupid *****!
    Chill out man it's just a guitar. Everybody has their own opinions and you don't have to get pissed off if somebody doesn't like your gear. IT'S JUST A GUITAR!!
    rhythmnut
    Hi everybody. I bought this guitar new at guitarcenter for $319.86 back in June of 2010. And since then I have bought another (used) off craigslist for $100. Thats how much I love this guitar. The look, the feel, and come on price! Other than rg's this is a great $100-$300 buy come on people. I have played this guitar though a Marshall 100w tube amp, an egnater 15w tube, a orange 35w, and a line 6 100w, all sounded great to me. There is not much of a drastic difference from solid state to tube other than the price. This guitar has seved me well for gigging, and recording. The only improvments I would personally make would be to install seymore duncan black outs on it.
    symbolofmylife
    Bought mine for around $300 including case. I am lucky enough to also own the VMNT Angel of Deth. Anyone who compares the higher end VMNT's (like the AOD) to the "X" range is making a big mistake. You just cant. Yes, the "X" range is not bad. The price is very alluring and I did not buy mine to replace any guitars, or to be my "no 1" guitar. The price was ok so I bought it. Will wallmount it sometime or whatever. ("United Abominations" was also an album I enjoyed loads so...whatever) So, the VMNT-X guitar feels solid and the graphic print is very high quality. However, with bolted neck and different building materials, not to mention the standard pickups, the guitar does not come close to the AOD in terms of spec, feel and sound. The "X"'s standard pickups are also a bit noisy and lacks the punch of the AOD's Live Wires. But, with the Live Wires being active, that can be expected. Additionally, the AOD is built to have the action dropped to very low. The body and neck construction of the "X" just does not allow any setup to match that of the AOD, although you can get it pretty low too, but not close the that of the AOD. These things you'll only notice once you've spent some time on the higher end (and pricier) models also. But, when I was a beginner 10yrs ago on a tight budget, the "X" would also have been a guitar I would have loved. As an experiment I handed both guitars to a drummer, basically non-guitarist friend and he confirmed what I just said. The more expensive, to him, just felt "better", while trying to chug out his best version of Smoke on the Water....lol... So, in closing, the "X" range cannot be compared to the higher-end VMNT's. Even swopping out pickups etc wont make the "X" an AOD or similar. They differ in price for a reason. But, the "X" is, in my opinion, not a bad buy for someone looking for a decently priced guitar with attitude.
    skarrdguitar
    U can get a set-neck with active Dean pups for under $400 if you look hard enough (amazon has one for $367 End Game graphics) haven't played either but man $67 for a LOT more guitar would be my choice.
    SnehalNegative2
    I saw a Guy on youtube He had that really annoying Sitar sound on the B and E strings in clean setting Anyone else had this problem? THanks!
    shecter guy
    Wow the new review is crap. The higher end model is exactly the same except for pickups and inlays? Try better quality wood, ebony fretboard, better build quality and hardware...there's a big difference. I've played this model a few times but couldn't stand it because of the cheap dean humbuckers. They just....aren't good. Not bad for how cheap it is, but i'm not a fan. Also for the whole spider debate, i tend to disregard most reviews using spider amps. Of course it's gonna sound better than an MG. It's probably one of the most hated amps out there, even more so than the spiders. I used to use a 75w spider 2 and i couldn't stand it. Turned up it lost definition so it was useless for shows. Not all modeling amps are bad though. I'm a huge supporter of the Vypyr amps, especially the tube versions. And $300 is what it sells for new in the U.S. on sites like musicianfriend