Dave Mustaine Zero In Deth We Trust review by Dean

Dean: Dave Mustaine Zero In Deth We Trust

Purchased from: maggio-music

To be honest, being a huge fan of Dave Mustaine's talent I decided to buy one of his signatures. I didn't have enough money to buy hi-end guitar and pay for shipping simultaneously, so I decided to buy this model. Most of them are made in Indonesia but I was lucky - I found a Korean one. It was bought almost a year ago. Made in 2013. These are the specifications:

- Mahogany body
- Mahogany top
- Mahogany neck with set joint
- Rosewood freatboard with 24 frets
- Mini Grover Tuners
- Tune-o-matic bridge
- DMT Designed humbuckers
- 2 tone and 1 volume controls

Well, when I plugged my guitar in my Roland Cube-20GX for the first time I was a bit disappointed. It sounds just like my old Cort CR100 that has two times lower price. Anyway, the sound is good. Of course this sound cannot be compared to the good pickups' sound but it is good enough. Clear sound is good for playing acoustic songs. Distorted sound won't blow you away but you can easily play any song of Megadeth or another metal song. Its power is a bit lower when you play tuned down guitar, so it's better to use E standard tuning. But if you want better sound you should find something else.

And this is the main reason for buying. Custom graphics "In Deth We Trust" looks really amazing but it differs from promo pictures. It's more green than you think. Artists did the nice work. Black hardware suits very good and thank God it's not chrome like pickups 'cause in my opinion it would look horrible. Only one thing. This guitar had a small problem with paint but it's easy not to notice it. Only bright light helped me. I have read many complaining posts about poor quality of Dean guitars and maybe I'm lucky because there are no problems should be told about.

I store my guitar in a box in which it was delivered almost a year ago. It's difficult to find a suitable bag in my country, so can't play it on gigs. It's obvious that I use this guitar only at home, so it hasn't been tested in other conditions yet. For now I don't have any problems with controls and, of course, there are no problems with pickups. I think that I can beg on this gear if I have problems with other guitars. Meanwhile it looks like it can be played for a long time. I just hope that I'm right.

I can't advise everybody to buy this guitar. But true metalheads and Dave Mustaine fans will appreciate it. As I mentioned before it's good enough to play metal. It has some advantages comparing to other explorer guitars. Firstly, it has 24 frets with easy access to them. Secondly, D-slim neck profile is really good for the fast playing. Thirdly... well, that's all. Nice shape reflects the good tastes of this gear owner. But if you decided to buy this guitar think twice. Do you really need only cool graphics or maybe it's better to find something else that would sound better?

gorkyporky
    Dude, you could play a 5000$ guitar trough that cube and it would still sound the same as your cort. Also, you wrote nothing about how it plays, how it stays in tune, what the build quality is like.... Come on.
    sorokinvjacheslav
    You are, actually, wrong. I used few guitars with this amp and I can say that most of them have their unique sound.
    ryanbwags
    Got to disagree with you, there. Your $100 modelling amp is not a fair way to test the tonal capabilities of a guitar. Go find someone with a 5150 or a mesa and try it there. see what it does.
    Jim #4
    how can you judge the tone while playing through a Roland Cube-20GX??
    metalhead983877
    Okay, you can't judge how a guitar sounds if you plug it in a Roland Cube. Everything is going to have the same mediocre tone when plugged in those.
    chamiller005
    I love Mustaine's tones, but god dayum that guitar just looks like it smells like Axe and wants to talk about a shitty UFC fight.
    headbanger987
    Yeah man I spent $2600 on this Gibson Les Paul Custom but it sounded like shit plugged through my Marshall mini pocket amp. Very disappointed with the guitar
    BlackDeath92
    Well, I plugged in my USA Jackson KV2 though my Line 6 Spider III and they sounded SO DAMN GREAT! Best combo EVAR! 12/10!
    Like I Is
    This guitar is trying way too hard.
    mg3483769
    mg3483769 · May 09, 2016 12:54 AM
    Line 6 man those were the practice amps to have back in the day
    jeannetteburgess456
    jeannetteburgess456 · May 09, 2016 11:04 PM
    headbanger987 · May 09, 2016 11:08 PM
    Dr_Time_Lord
    I have the Indonesian version. I swiched the stock pickups for some mustaine live wires. the active pickups sort of bulk out the back cover cause its not designed for the battery, weird but they sound good.The indo build version is pretty average, but its all about the art one of the best looking ever in my humble opinon.
    blooddrunk
    Cant we have shitty 'reviews' like this deleted? Its like the amp demos on youtube where they buttfuck the review amp with pedals so you cant tell how it really sounds.
    n3cr0p57
    These guitars are equipped with 2 Vol. and 1 Tone knob. Maybe you've got the bridge pickup turned down low?
    Hal-Sephira
    It got 5 stars by a total of 4 reviews on Guitar Center website so what' the big deal? I've heard it's a good guitar $450 guitar though.