Dime-O-Flage ML review by Dean

Dean: Dime-O-Flage ML

Yes it does. I play metal, blues, and southern metal. The guitar suites metal, but is horible on blues. The pickups aren't muddy enough for playing blues, but being a high output guitar it's meant for metal. I play through a DigiTech RP80 multifx with Mesa Rectifier and Marshal JCM800 amp mods through a Sears XL5 clean half stack. The guitar screams and it perfect for almost any kind of metal.

I have been playing my guitar ever since I heard Ozzy Osbounre's "Crazy Train" and got big into hair metal back in 2004. I have been into BLS, Pantera, Down, and other southern metal since earlier in 2006. I own a Yamaha FG-75 acoustic guitar, a Fender Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul, and a Silvertone 1960. The two things I wish came on the guitar that come on Dime's other Deans are the Floyd Rose and Dimebucker, but I already knocked one of those off the list. It it were stolen, I'd hunt down the motherf--ker who stole it, beat the shit out of them, and take my my axe. I love the guitar because it is Dimebag Darrell. Favorite stock item on the guiar would be the graphics, Dean's headstock, and the trac grips on the knobs. I compared this guitar to the Dime Tribute ML and the Dime Razor Tribute (not Razorback) The big diffrence between the Razor Tribute was the neck pickup and the big diffrence between the tribute ML was the graphics. The Tribute ML was only black with a sticker of the cowboys from hell.

With normal people playing a gig, hell yeah; with the crazy bastards I play with I don't know, they'll destroy anything but I put my trust in Dean that the build a fine guitar that will last to anything. The hardware is built for a millenium and a half, especially with the Grover tuners and trac grips on the volume knobs. It would be kinda edgy about using this without a backup. If I had like 4 Dime-O-Flages with the 4 diffrent tunings I demand (E, D, Drop D, Drop C) and stock pickups, yeah, I could shure as hell do that. The finish is damn thick and is great at protecting the badass graphics under it.

The guitar is a well built piece. It looks badass with the camoflauge finish and shadow of Dimebag. It was used so there were some signs of wear on the serial code and a small crack near the neck. The pickup selector is loud ass hell and you have to be damn carefull about geting sound that you don't want while you're playing.

The Dean Dime-O-Flage ML I got was a 2006 used one on clearance made in communist china. It's a 22 fret guitar with a maple neck and rosewood fret board with the black painted V headstock and the words "Dime" in shadow style across the headstock between the tuners. The body, if I'm correct, is made from mahogany and has a satin finsih over the shadows of dime with the snow camoflauge colors. Of course, it is Dean's popular ML body style with the V shape at the end and an extra wing where the cutaway on a les paul would be. There is a chrome V after the bridge where it is string-thru. Passive electronics with neck volume and bride volume with only one tone know. The volume knobs have Dime's trac grips on them for faster movement. Because of the two volume knobs and the three way Switch, you can sytle cut-off into playing, such as Randy Rhoads does on his Live "Suicide Solution" solo. Bridge and neck pickup with tape on the edges of the bridge pickup like Dime did to his Dean From Hell and other guitars. I put a Seymour Dimebucker in the bridge and the thing sounds and looks f--kin' A. Grover tuners also help keep in tune, espicialy when playing PanterA with all those bends. Overall, badass guitar, looks and sounds.

Buckethead4Prez
    cleft11
    wow this ML looks sweet. dont like the zebra humbucks though, should have the dimebucker in there
    cerveza
    Deanslinger wrote: I've got one autographed by Vinnie Paul himself \m/
    i hate you AND love you at the same time
    Annihilator666
    Haha communist China. It is a good guitar though, my friend has one.
    santhony1987
    BAHAHAHAHAHA just so everyone knows that china is a communist state.
    jap_kamikaze
    *Country, lol. Ah, if only I didn'y already have too many guitars, I would get this one. *Sigh*
    genresrforposer
    santhony1987 wrote: The Dean Dime-O-Flage ML I got was a 2006 used one on clearance made in communist china BAHAHAHAHAHA just so everyone knows that china is a communist state.
    or y'know a communist COUNTRY. lol, im sure thats what you meant though, no offense. I play metal and.... rock. Yeah, I'm not what you'd call "versatile" so the guitar'd suit me just fine, especially since it has to do with Dime. Good review, but I know you probably got it as a gift to put zero as the cost. How much would you say it'd cost otherwise?
    Sean-Man
    aren't they kind of using dimes name to sell it? kind of disrespectful, being dead and all. not only dean, but dunlop too
    DMguitar1
    Buckethead4Prez wrote: Hah the reviewer sounds real tough swearing like that. Seriously if you want to sound educated at least find better words to use...
    +1... also learn how to spell you dumbass redneck
    Evil646260
    genresrforposer wrote: santhony1987 wrote: Good review, but I know you probably got it as a gift to put zero as the cost. How much would you say it'd cost otherwise?
    I bought mine for around 400