Dime-O-Flame review by Dean

Dean: Dime-O-Flame

Purchased from: guitar center

The pickups in this guitar are great, I am currently running a DigiTech RP350 through a Crate GLX120OH head and a GX412R cab, and it sounds ok, to get the most out of this guitar you should have a tube amp (as appears makes most guitars sound better anyway) the neck pick up can get Really nice clean bright tones, I use this guitar in jazz band at school and sounds great, and the bridge pick up gets great gain response and takes away a lot of fuzz and is good for just about any genera that requires a good rich distortion sound (too learn more about the SH-13 look and my review for it. The guitar has amazing sustain it can keep going for hours, with the Floyd Rose you can make all your favorite dive bomb and other signature Floyd Rose sounds

I tend to play pretty much everything from jazz to metal, and this guitar is great for both, this is my favorite guitar out of my Ibanez and Dimeblade, I've wanted this guitar for awhile and now that I finally have one it is all I thought it would be. I've been playing for about a year and a half, if this was lost or stolen I'd be devastated and would defiantly purchase another, I love pretty much everything about this guitar the pups, tuners, body shape, size, feeling/shape of the neck, paint job, as much as I love the floyd adjusting the springs to the string tension is a pain in the ass but I think every one can relate, but thankfully it has the trem block built on so I can apply that and freely tune just like a tune-o-matic bridge. Plus, ye my hero is Dimebag Darrell so what's better to have then one of the cowboy from hell's favorite guitars.

I've had this guitar for a good 3-4 months now so I haven't had the chance to play a show with it yet but I'd say this guitar is trustworthy enough to hold up through a show, I put on strap locks as soon as I got the guitar so I cam make sure it doesn't fall and dent/scratch itself. I play this guitar very often and the finish doesn't have one scratch on it.

I purchased this guitar used so it came with a few bad scratches on the back, but that's only because it was used, and the wood holding the screws for the trem-block were stripped but was simply because it was used other than that this guitar is absolutely stunning and will get your attention love it or hate it.

Not exactly sure what year this guitar was brought in to production or which year mine was built, This guitar was crafted in Korea, 22 jumbo frets, Mahogany body with a set Mahogany neck and rosewood finger board with pearl Dot inlay, 24-3/4" scale, and a comfortable "U" shaped neck. The cool thing about the neck on this guitar is and first glance it does not seem to be a set neck because of the way the neck joint has been crafted, but it is a set neck. This guitar features a all black finish on the neck and back of the guitar, and one hell of a hot paint job on the front (if you look close by the input jack there's a skull on fire) and Cream (I guess) bindings on the neck. Black Grover machine heads, Deans famous ML body shape A Seymour Duncan SH-13 "Dimebucker" bridge treble pick up for you shreaddin solos and leads and a Dean stock humbucker in the neck for all your clean passages, With a three way selector (Up=Neck position, Middle=Both, Down=Bridge pick up) with two "Dime traction" volume knobs and one master tone, licensed double locking Floyd Rose bridge with a trem block built with it so with a twist of a screw you can completely block the action of the tremolo, and to top it off a Dean classic "V" shaped head stock with firey explosion, I guess you could call it, on the head stock with "DIME" printed in big bold letters in the middle and a truss-rod cover with ML on it, my guitar came with a gig bag (mine was purchased used) and I believe newly ordered ones come with a Dean Standard Hard shell ML case (Which is a deal because I had to get mine separate from my Dimeblade and it was another 120 bucks! )

WOOSP WOOSP
    Look. Guys (and gals if theres any here) this a thread for a REVIEW on the f*****g guitar not some argument over les pauls gibsons etc. Look. Everyone has their favourites makes and models and are entitled to it so just stop squabbling like like kids. Personally I love the deans (own 4 (dean from hell, dimeoflame, razorback explosion and razorback bass)) but I aint gonna go round shitting on all the other makes cos I dont play them or like the look of them. Anyways, as said, Ive got thia guitar. Had it for nearly a year now. It is soooo good to play. Its fairly weighty and has a great neck. The floyd rose is awesome it hasnt slipped ONCE and the tone is BRILLIANT. You can get the great tone for metal and a mellower tone for a soft soundin riff with the neck pickups. The pickups are great for clean as well. Definately worth it! Oh yeah. Rocksuckks just go listen to your ****ing, shitty, repetative no brains monkey music and do us all a favour and **** off from a MUSICIANS forum you un-talented piece of shit. Enough said
    Nameless742
    I just bought this guitar yesterday. I wasn't expecting to buy a guitar but I saw this, pre-owned. I tried it for a good 30 mins and bought it. It is a fantastic guitar, It plays so well for me. The notes just run off my fingers on this guitar.
    Dean94
    to Vrstone87, i agree that shredding is over rated but dime wasnt a shreader, he played fast yeah, he didnt shread because he solo's done all sound the same lol. any1 can learn to play fast but you gotta have soul, just like in floods (the outro is the single greatest peice of music ever composed), this love and suicide not pt 1. and on others he just dicked about with the whammy pedal gotta respect him for that. R.I.P. dime p.s. deans are the greatest guitars ever and u can pklay em slow as they sound great clean. p.p.s. i have the limited run razorback white gold, like matt heafy use to play but he aint the reason i got it... it was dime ofcouse, and cos its amazingly sexy.
    Dean94
    sorry about my bad grammer in my post i was watching tv at the same time lol
    LJM91
    deans suck, im into rock and metal and that looks crap i own a jh truckster which is a thinner les paul and it looks a heap better