Dime-O-Flame review by Dean

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Dean: Dime-O-Flame

I have two amps, 1 is a Randall GH150 and the other is a Peavey 6505. The Dean itsel is the opposite of the word "versatile" and can only play metal. The style of music I play is of a very large range so I like a guitar that can make many tones. Unfortunately, not only can the Dean only play metal, but it only plays one style of metal and that is dirty metal. This is because the dimebucker gives a very dirty sound, quite the opposite of an EMG which would give a super clear sound. The Dean neck pickup is maybe good for sweeping and that is all. I have three other guitars along with this. The Epiphone Les Paul, Schecter Hellraiser C-7 and the 2009 Ibanez RG1527M. Both my Schecter and my Ibanez are both about 10 times more versatile and FEEL MUCH BETTER (I'll talk about this later). The Dean absoloutely cannot do cleans, they come out like a dying animal and whenever I have shown any professional guitarists the sound, they actually cringe at the cleans. Overall because of the lack of versatiliy and the muddy-ness of the dimebucker, I will give give this a six also.

The styles of music I play are of a very wide range and they include metal, fusion, jazz, rock, weird music. I have been playing for 7 years and I've already mentioned the guitar I own other than this. After owning this guitar for three years, I regretted it every step of the way. If it were lost or stolen I would be upset about the losing the money and but I would be glad to rid of the guitar. The dimebucker does have high output but it's just too muddy to be used in fast metal riffs in a band without getting lost in the mix. Out of all my guitars, this is the worst in terms of reliability and a little in terms of sound maybe only a little better than the copy guitars I bought as a noob... My overall impression of this guitar, as in how I feel about it now is 5 out of 10.

This is the section were this guitar is basically a piece of crap. First of all, of course the guitar will "withstand" live playing. Since playing live is the same as playing your bedroom technically as far as "guitar risk" goes. In terms of travelling around with it, no, I would not trust it and I'll tell you why. After a few months of owning the guitar, one of the saddles on the liscensed trem broke and I had to have it replaced. After about a year the trem had signification rust and the pickups were already beginning to gain extra buzz. Half a year later the screws that hold in the strap began not to stay in and no matter how tightly I screwed them they kept coming out. This I found to be the result of the would decaying so the screw no longer fit :(! I was very unimpressed. Nowadays I refuse to play the bloody thing since I don't want it damaged anymore so I can sell it to some unsuspecting customer. Funnily enough, everyone who checks out the guitar (and doesn't know Dean thus hasn't been advertised to) thinks the guitar is a piece of crap. For this secrion I'm gonna give it four because of the unacceptable problems this guitar has.

The guitar seemed to be flawless (in terms of setup) when I first got it. I didn't even adjust the action since it was at a great level, which for me is pretty low but not too much. As far as I can tell, everything was aligned properly and there was no fret buzz (to start with). The only problem was that there was a screw missing the back! So I can't give it a ten. I only give tens when everything is PERFECT/

This is a korean made guitar which I have nothing against since in my experience they are just as good as the rest. It has 22 regular frets with perl inlays. It has an ok graphic finish that when you look at the detail is actually quite pixelated and low quality. The guitar is set-neck and NOT NECK-THRU like other would have you believe. The bridge is a LICSENSED FLOYD and NOT an original. The guitar also comes with one dimebucker on the bridge and 1 normal Dean pickup in the neck. Unlike many of the biased and ridiculous reviews I have previously read, I will rate this on the FEATURES and not my opinion. So taking into account the Licsensed trem, The dimebucker and the Dean pickup and the low quality graphic. I will give it a six.

bkm504
    shredding is very over rated no doubt about it guys but you can't deny that dime did more than that, go back to pantera before phil anselmo with terry glaze and more of a blues rock type deal he was the shit then at the front of the 80's dime did magic no matter what genre because these dean guitars can play any genre of music and pull sick tunes and sounds out of it!