Dime Black Bolt review by Dean

Dean: Dime Black Bolt

Price paid: C$ 700

Purchased from: steves music

This guitar only does great when your playing heavy metal. In my opinion this guitar with the DigiTech Metal master and some on amp effects just screams black metal. If your into Cradle Of Filth or Immortal, buy this guitar. This guitar always has full sound, and its nice and smooth, although there can be some odd buzzing every now and then. This guitar is great for sliding, tapping and tremolo picking. In my opinion a heavy but not muddy distortion plus some in amp chorus and reverb makes the perfect effects. And the sustain on this guitar is insane I held one of the highest notes for over 90 seconds.

I'm a third almost fourth year player and I also own a superior Fender Stratocaster. I like this guitar better because it gives a darker sound and its just more fun to play. I love this guitar because of the comfort-ability level and the way it looks, but my Fender is far better and just could kick its young butt any day. I wish this guitar had 2 more frets and thats about it. For the money its a great guitar, I have no serious problems with it.

The problem with this guitar is the fact that its strap knobs are retarded. I had to adjust my strap like crazy, because the knobs were to big. And after a bit the bolt on the output slot comes lose, this is easy to fix if you just hand tighten it after each session of playing.

This guitar is just a great practice guitar its pretty fragile because of its hollow body. I'm also too scared to let it out of the house it looks to nice! I would definitely say the finish will last, it seems pretty permanent.

The guitar is a master piece in this section. The action is super fast and doesn't hinder my hands from having there crazy tapping fits. Basically it can handle any speed of playing. The shape of the body is really nice. It is not hard at all to hold and is very large. The problem with the largeness is the cost of the case. But the reason why i bought was because it was so easy to play and hold. The finish is one of the coolest in all of the Dean guitars. It truly is, with its white sunburst green lightning bolts all over the guitar, and the black background, this guitar is eye candy.

This guitar is great for a good practice or too show off to your friends, although my Fender Stratocaster is still bettter. The name of this guitar is called The BlackBolt. Its a Dimebag Darrel guitar and has gone under tha radar for a bit. The paint job is really nice, the green bolts accent the black pant nicely. The input slot gets a bit loose as many do, so tighten the bolt frequently. The pick ups are pretty good although it can produce a high pitch buzzing and pick up your voice. The tuning knobs are the real star of the show. Its meant to be tuned and de-tuned and tuned up again, it just doesn't go out of tune immediately. It has 22 frets not 24, but its reasonable. The guitars neck is probably one of the best ive ever felt. Its thin and not all glossed up like some guitars. This means sliding is very easy. I love this guitar.

guitarfreak222
    "And the sustain on this guitar is insane I held one of the highest notes for over 90 seconds. " This goes to show how crappy this reviewer is.
    ZombieDuck
    "the guitars neck is probably one of the best things i've ever felt" hahahaha
    Galvatron
    I feel bad for the review dude getting ripped to shreds by everybody but on the other hand it has made for an entertaining thread. Not a guitar I would purchase myself. I think its pretty tacky to have a Dimebag guitar.
    Unispex
    I agree, strats and many Fenders in general are really ugly... I'm not saying anything about the quality haha, only the poor aesthetics. As for the review -- fail. This dude needs to know what he's dealing with before he reviews it.
    Skuzzmo
    Pukka-VCU wrote: Skuzzmo wrote: Pukka-VCU wrote: Horrible review by what sounds like a 13 year old. Let's keep a bit of professionalism on this site eh? He's 14... I stand corrected haha... All the same.
    HAHHAHAA.... yes, your point still stands...
    ImaNinja
    nymphetaminefix wrote: personally i don't see what the hype is about strats, they are ugly! im a schecter man and fender lost all of my respect with the squire
    yay for schecter! I just got my c-1 hellraiser about a month ago and I love it
    AstheticsOfHate
    Man I have the real version of this thing, in the shards paint, and I don't know why people don't like Dean. I have a Gibson, and the Dean blows it's ****ing head off. The everything about the Dean is better, action, tone, sustain, playing feel, comfortableness. I hate that they used such an awesome model for the Dime though, I love Dime and all, but I hate being "That guy with the Dime guitar"
    Savage Animal
    This would have been appealing to me if I was 13.. I mean.. the guitar has lightning bolts on it! I wouldn't recommend this to any serious guitar player
    peaches58`
    I played one of these in Best Buy along with the Dave Mustain V and they were decent guitars that handled nicely and sounded good. A nice guitar to pick up if you are looking for some decent quality at a reasonable price.
    vosooghiman
    Absolutely terrible review. Grammar was terrible and "action is super fast"? If I'm not mistaken, action refers to how high the strings are from the body, yeah? So, how can action be fast? And then at the end, he says he likes the Dean better than his Strat, but then continues to say that his Strat kicks its ass. 0/5 for the review.
    jetwash69
    resjunkie wrote: And after a bit the bolt on the output slot comes lose, this is easy to fix if you just hand tighten it after each session of playing.
    Does he mean the nut on the output jack? How 'bout get one of those clicky turny things and tighten it a couple of inch-ounces beyond hand tight so you don't have to hand tighten it every time you play. I think a store called Sears might sell those things--the guy that changed my dad'z car batry used wun. Do they have Sears South of the border? Actually, though, low action is synonymous with "fast" because it takes less effort and distance to fret. If the neck & frets aren't just right, you can't achieve that fast action without it buzzing. You'll hear about fast necks, too, like high radius fretboard, skinny-neck Ibanez Wizard necks. Great for fast single note runs, but harder to bar chord than a thick neck with a small radius fretboard like on a blues monster Strat.
    crebbechi
    lol at the $2 guitar design. they probally found the lightning bolt on google images XD
    ragingkitty
    Epic phail on the review. The reviewer is not even being objective about the guitar, and is instead glorifying the guitar because its a Dime sig. Really entertaining read though. The review is the hardest I've laughed a week.
    J.J.G.
    ok we have to agree that we are all being mean to this guy. he is exited about his purchase, let him be. You dont need to be a genius to read the first line of the review and say "Oh this guy started playing yesterday". give the guy a brake. I mean i read this review, i craped myself (hollow body) and now it is just time to leave the guy grow up isnt it?
    nymphetaminefix
    Woo Schecter! and congrats on your buy, i have owned a hellraiser for about four months, and i beat the shit out of my guitar, but it takes it and loves it
    $lightly$ober
    IROn 5L1nKY wrote: Trust me, when you add a few numbers to your age, you'll figure out that the neck of this guitar is NOT the best thing you've ever felt.
    Agreed, i have been playing for 8 years and my opinion did a complete 180 on some guitars like my re-issue les paul gold top (not epi real thing) never liked big necks but man is it amazing, my work horses are jap ibanez just cause of playability
    ToTeNkOpF+David
    iceh88 wrote: yeah i have played this guitar just for fun and it's pretty poorly put together and not a very quality guitar. i have played squires that were way better.
    haha!
    $lightly$ober
    baaaaahahahahaha wow, bad review, define "superior fender strat" im not a fan of dean they are good guitars don't get me wrong but imo, they should drop the dime model out of respect for friends and family i know its a cash cow but let the man rest in peace, he already is a metal icon/god but really banking on his guitars not kool, especially on an product that he wouldn't even play
    achaneygtp
    Fail on the hollow body... and you say that its a dimebag guitar right... HOWS THIS BLACK METAL... SHOULD BE THRASH! ! ! ! R.I.P Dime
    Pukka-VCU
    MH400
    "comfort-ability" lol Bad review, but well done for trying. It's a lot more than most people on this site do.
    Skuzzmo
    He's 14...
    iceh88
    quinlikesmetal
    this has to be someone younger than 14 year old, beause i mean what kind of 13 year old would put this in a review???: "but my Fender is far better and just could kick its young butt any day" i mean really, come on this is a review, not a praise session for your fender
    Justass
    This guitar wouldn't be so fail, if they wouldn't have putted some goddamn hollow body. They should atleast have some respect for Dime
    firebird103
    twojayzed
    firebird103 wrote: I don't know why he is saying this is a hollow body. I know dean sometimes uses a super light weight wood, so maybe he assumed it had to be hollow. These aren't bad guitars though, this thing should probably be rated at a 6-7 with a mid range ltd (400 series and up) being around a 8.5 (to give you an idea of scoring scale)
    Correction **used super light weight wood...
    Pukka-VCU
    I stand corrected haha... All the same.
    J.J.G.
    i craped myself laughing at this review. Thanks dude, i mean it. "hollow body", that made my day. the guitars neck is probably one of the best things i've ever felt", how am I already thinking in ordinary stuff?!
    IROn 5L1nKY