Dime Black Bolt review by Dean

Dean: Dime Black Bolt

This beast not only suits my style of music, it embodies it. I play mostly metal, a lot of groove and thrash. Thats my serious playing, but if I just feel like fooling around and not doing much of anything important, I'll play anything. I can even play the blues on this guitar and it sounds amazing. The versatility and the range on this guitar is astounding. I run this monster through a Marshall MG30FX. The sounds vary, depending on which pickup you're on obviously. But they're all rich and vibrant no matter what settings I opt on it. This guitar makes all sorts of sounds, you can do basically anything on it except for dive bombs and any other whammy trick simply for the fact that mine doesn't have a trem system.

I play a lot of thrash and groove metal. Other styles of metal and other genres as well, but mostly those two. This guitar is an excellent match, and like I said before it embodies the essence of what I enjoy playing. This is not a guitar for smaller guys, as it is a rather heavy peice of work but it is just a great guitar. I've been playing for a few years now, and I've owned a Strat and a Jackson Randy Rhoads model. I sold the Strat for 350, and that money I used to buy this Dean. It's worth a lot more than 300 bucks in my opinion. I'm not one to ask a whole bunch of questions. I was taking a look at what they had on the big wall, and this caught my eye. I took it down and started playing it. I noticed it was a Dean so I knew it was going to be a great jam. And like that, it felt natural in my hands. Just to set the record straight, I'd lever lose this guitar. Who can lose something like this? When in public with it, I never let it out of my sight or within arms reach. It getting stolen? Forget about it. But, in a hypothetical situation in which I was ignorant enough to let it get lost or stoen, I would deffinately go buy a new one. I love everything about this guitar, and hate nothing. There was nothing to compare with this, it was almost like love at first jam. There would be nothing I would change about this gutiar, its just totally awesome and I wish it was more popular than it is.

This guitar will absolutely withstand live playing. I've played a few gigs with this beast and the reliability is uncanny. To be honest, I've never played a gig without a backup and I never will because I like the peace of mind that if something happens I have a spare. But I trust this guitar enough that I don't even think about the backup. I go on stage with this guitar, and I leave with the guitar. But in the event of I have no other guitars so I have to do a gig or two without a backup, I'll absolutely play. The hardware will deffinately last, and so will the finish. The great Dimebag couldn't find a reason to not trust his Deans, why should anyone else?

This guitar was set up very well in the factory. Classic ML shape and style, but what sets this beast apart is the custom lightning graphics on the body. The humbucker pickups, as I said before, are amazing and well adjusted. As for any flaws, there were none. Everything is absolutely perfect, to me anyway. Except I did need to have strap locks put one because I put on a strap with no locks and one end came undone and the guitar was about to hit the ground but I caught it. I had the locks put in later that day but other than that its all in excellent condition.

I honestly have no idea when mine was made, but it was surely within the past year when I bought it a year and a half ago. It houses 22 jumbo frets on a rosewood fingerboard. It has a bolt-on Maple neck, connected to a solid Mahogany body. The finish is amazing, its solid black but it has cool lightning bolt graphics, hense the name. Obviously, its in the shape of the classic ML. Fixed bridge with a string-thru body, which makes for great sustain. The electronics are are active. There are three Dime Traction knobs, two volume and one tone and it has a three0way selector. The bridge pickup is a dual blade humbucker and a classic humbucker at the neck position. The humbuckers are the original ones that were on the guitar when I bought it. I was thinking about changing them, but the sound just grew on me. The tuners are black, non-locking Grovers. When I bought this axe, I realized I didn't have a gig bag big enough to fit this goliath so I bought one to fit it. It wasn't included, nothing was. I bought it right off the rack.

megadeth52
    tried a blackbolt out at a local guitarshop and it had a way better paint job than in the picture and had a floyd rose built in so now i gotta pick between this and a dave mustaine vnmt
    VaN HaLeN555
    lol in the first review it says that the pickup can be loud and sumtimes picks up ur voice. im pretty sure thats impossible happen because its basically an electromagnet that picks up on emf fields hence the magnet and creates electric current which goes to the amp.