Dime Camo ML review by Dean

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Dean: Dime Camo ML

Price paid: C$ 225

Purchased from: The Arts Music Store

It sounds pretty good a cheapy guitar. No feedback of any kind. I play mostly metal but this guitar sounds good on clean as well. The cleans come through pretty bright but I wouldn't say the sounds is that warm. Mostly likely a person would buy this guitar to play metal and it would suit that genre well.

I've been playing metal for about 6 years now. I've owned many Ibanez, ESP/LTD, B.C. Rich, and Jackson guitars. After playing this cheap Dean guitar I would most likely never buy a Dean again. Ibanez makes a far better guitar in this price range even if they may not stand out as much visually. I purchased this guitar at a distributor blow-out sale and got $100 off. I've been a fan of Pantera for at least 15 years so naturally I wanted a Dime style guitar. I'll probably hang it on my wall or sell it to some kid!

I wouldn't rely on this guitar at all. It's a cheap off-shore model and it always will be. If you're starting out playing guitar then this ain't a bad guitar. Seasoned players will want to get something better. I wouldn't dare play a live gig with this thing.

The neck seems a little short as I'm used to 24 frets. The action was terrible but the guy at the store set it up pretty good afterwards. Also, the cut away is not deep enough to comfortably reach the highest frets from 18 up to 22. There were no problems with anything else. I drop tuned this guitar down to B for a short period of time. When I retuned it to E the strings had cut into the nut so deep that I had to get the nut repaired. The guitar looks killer when it's hanging up on the wall. It's very comfortable to play standing or sitting. I found it comfortable to put the V part over my knee and let the front horn rest on my other leg.

This guitar was made in 2011 from China. It hass 22 frets, bolt-on neck, no-name passive humbucker pick-ups, and camoflague graphic on top. The model I bought has a fixed bridge but you can also get it with a floyd rose "special". Special just means it's not a real floyd rose. There's two volume and one tone knob as well as a three way selector switch. Tuners are non locking. It came in a card board box.

EspTro
    finally someone that didnt get a cheap guitar and review within the first 5 minutes and was like "omfg this guitar is awsomzz 10 startss"
    Municipal Waste
    I paid $250 for a used Korean made Dean ML, that is a neck-through. It's the only neck-through ML I've ever come across, as even the higher end ones are of the set-neck variety. I love it, the guitar is comfortable to sit and play with, but you need to get used to a standing up, as the headstock makes it a bit top heavy. I've dropped it, smashed it into shit while I was drunk and it still holds up and sounds awesome. I have a Line 6 Spyder 4 amp (hate all you want) and it sounds awesome clean or distorted. Don't care for the overdrive sound though.
    mydian
    Why is this rated a 1 by users? It deserves at least a 5 like the reviewer gave it. Damn trolls.