Dime Dean From Hell CFH review by Dean

Dean: Dime Dean From Hell CFH

Purchased from: GuitarCenter

I play most types of hard rock and heavy metal, and this guitar is just plain perfect for it. I use it with only a Marshall MG100HDFX half stack, so it doesn't give out all the heavy gain sound it can, but still a lot. You need pedals to make this guitar sound super heavy just like any other guitar you would. While playing with overdrive I prefer only using the bridge pickup, and in clean both humbuckers because it gives it a full, awesome tone. With the floyd rose you can pretty much do anything you want, even though this is the first guitar I've had that has one, so I don't know how to use it to it's full potential yet.

This guitar is perfect for everything I play. It's very fun to play on and easy. The only thing I may change when I become more of an active musician and start making money is new pickups and an Original Floyd Rose Trem. I will probably change the pickups to either EMG 81 and 85 or Seymour Duncan pickups, either pearly gates and 59, or Dimebucker and 59.

This guitar is originally $999 dollars and I got it $200 off, and many professionals use guitars of lesser or same value, so it should withstand Live playing no problem. The hardware is flawless, and I put Schaller Strap Locks on it to keep it safe. I would use it in a gig without a backup guitar definitely, as long as I was prepared. Sometime within the next few months I will be playing at my school, and I'm not using any of my other guitars, just my Dean From Hell. The finish seems thick so it probably won't scratch or dent easily.

The guitar wasn't set up the greatest. When I brough it home I realized that the strings buzzed a lot, so I raised the bridge a bit. The action just seemed so good and low in the store, but I must not have heard it buzzing because of the loud music. On the neck pickup mine doesn't have the electrical tape on it, which is no biggie for me, It would have probably came off eventually anyway. The only scratches on the guitar are surface ones from being on the floor of GuitarCenter for a week. I think it's supposed to have a black tremolo arm but the guy gave me a chrome one, doesn't matter to me it still works the same.

I went to GuitarCenter and tried out a Dean From Hell. They were having a sale, and luckily this was one of the items on sale. It was the last one they had in stock and was only on the floor for a week Brand New. I suppose it's made in china because that's what the sticker on the back of the headstock said. It has 22 frets and the custom lightning bolt paint-job like on Dimebag's (R.I.P) all-time favorite ML.The licensed Floyd Rose Trem is one of the main reasons I bought this guitar, and it stays in tune very well. The bridge pickup is a Bill Lawrence L500XL, pretty much the same thing as an SD Dimebucker, and in the neck there's a handwound Dean Pickup. The tuners are Grovers, which are really great. Mine came with a free deluxe Dean ML hardshell case, which is really large to be able to hold the long, wide guitar. The inside is molded to the shape of the guitar and has a large storing capacity for accessories.