Dime Razorback 10k review by Dean

Dean: Dime Razorback 10k

It suits my style because I play metal and hardcore style music. I use a Peavey amp and a crybaby wah with a flanger and a DigiTech distortion pedal. Its not noisy but it has a very full deep sound. It can do pinch harmonics and any other harmonics with eaze and the trademark dime squeal.

I play hardcore metal music and it suits this style in every way possible. The floyd-rose tremalo bar alows for the famous dime squeals and can widen your pitch by a lot. I've been playing for about 7 years. I own a Fender squire strat, a b.c rich bich, a dr epiphone, a Dean exotica, a DigiTech effects pedal, a Fender flanger pedal, a Dunlop crybaby wah, a Peavey amp, a Fender amp, and a Crate amp. Ha I woulda asked for the size of alun wrench before buying so I could adjust the locks. If it were stolen or lost I would first try and hunt it down, if that failed I would go and buy a new one, its way worth it. I love the tone that it gets and the smoothness of the neck. I don't hate anything about it and my favorite feature is the tremalo floyd-rose bridge system. I compared it to an ordinary razorback. I chose it because, honestly, it looked better. Hmm I don't think I could ask for anything else on this work of art.

This guitar will stand years and possibly generations of live shows. The hardware appears as though it will last at least 10 years before needing to be replaced. The strap buttons are very solid and the strap rarely ever falls off. If I was in a gig I would indeed just use that because it can last a very long time and take a wicked beating. The finish will deffinetly last a very long time, it may wear off in maybe 20 years but that's a pretty long time for finish.

The guitar was made very well, the thing plays so good you almost melt into it. The pick ups are at the perfect level and get the best sound quality. Everything on the body and neck are perfectly aligned. There are no flaws with it, it comes in perfect amazing flawless condition.

Made in korea has 22 frets. The neck contures differently from top to bottom in a strange way that feels good to the thumb. The finish is a mettalic silver with Diamond plating. Its a razorback body with a floyd-rose and a 3 way tone Switch and volume. Pick ups are like humbuckers and there symore duncans.

Adam124
    Sorry dude but quite frankly your review is terrible. I seriously doubt you have been playing 7 years with that gear list and knowledge of guitars that you are protraying...
    Count Orlok
    Honestly from an aesthetic and tonal stand point, Dime Razorbacks suck. They're right up there with most B.C. Rich imo.
    EpiExplorer
    Its seriously bad. I should have said this before, but there are countless horror stories about Deans falling apart, cutting out, being hard to play and generally not what anyone was expecting when they bought it.
    underoath0902
    I'm sorry...I just cant take gear suggestions from someone with this rap sheet. It says you've been playing for 7 years, but through that and some other wording I sense about a year and a half's worth of gear knowledge. Side note: In my opinion Dime is the only person that this body doesn't look completely obnoxious on.
    DimebagZappa
    Yeah.... Pointless review from some kid that dosent know shit. Humbucker like seymores? Umm maybe the dimebucker? Dummy. Dont write a review with nothing to say fool. Dime squeals? You mean Vai style harmonics? Even dime says it was vai's. Failure. Failure. Fail!!!!
    metalhead601
    JohnVanOevelen wrote: metalhead601 wrote: for all you that bitch at this review i live in jc oregon we have a shit hole learning system AND i did it with massive stress so if all your going to do is bitch just dont bother The guitargod has spoken!! :\
    AMEN ^_^ loser
    Fausch
    Lord_Doku wrote: Strap rarely ever falls off, Floyd Rose, pickups at best level and sound quality. You think it sounds good because it sounds good for hardcore metal which relies on 15 different kinds of distortion pedals all hooked up to a 7-string tribucker of doom. You cant say this guitar sounds good just because of how you sound when compared to that trash. If you want to say your guitar sounds awesome, try playing something with less distortion, then compare it with other guitars. THEN, you can say whether it sounds good of not.
    Man you listen to some shitty metal. That's a pretty overblown, general statement there. Look at Metallica, they rely on clean tones a lot, and even though they heap on the overdrive, at least on Death Magnetic, even their dirty tones are fairly clear. In terms of shitty tone, look at Skillet. Way ****ing muddy tone.
    Lord_Doku
    Fausch wrote: Man you listen to some shitty metal.
    EpiExplorer
    Lord_Doku wrote: Fausch wrote: Man you listen to some shitty metal. I never said what i listen to. If anything, i could have implied that i listen to metal with more clarity. Also, i purely stated that you can't say a guitar is good because you can imitate for example Gorgoroth with it.
    WHY would you want to imitate gorgoroth? Many of my musical friends agree they're the archetype of bad music.
    Reaper-Man
    Why didn't you tell us the price? I want a Razorback and you're reviewing it with no price, thanks.
    Megadeaf
    lildude_6859 wrote: 10 for the guitar strap that "rarely falls off?" really? what do you do to make it fall off...my PRS SE 24 keeps the strap on and has never given out on me...sound like cheap strap-buttons or worn-out strap to me...
    Straps are much more likely to fall off on an exotic shaped guitar. On my Jackson Rhoads it rarely falls off, and only because it was putting pressure in a way that pulls the strap opposite to the button.
    rickyj
    rickyj
    intheshadowplay wrote: i guess you could say these guitars are a DIME a dozen huh? that's a knee-slapper...
    clever bastard! my knee hurts now!
    connorhxcchaos
    Shit review, but the scores are about right. Only problem I've found with mine is the glue on the 18th fret wasn't cleaned up so the fretboard is somewhat stained but only when you look really close up with a light.
    JohnnyApplecore
    I own a Dime Shadow with a Floyd. Wouldn't be bad for live without a backup, unless you plan on changing tunings. Then... well good luck with that.
    EpiExplorer
    rickyj wrote: EpiExplorer From a country that doesnt have its own native language, it can be expected. okay dumb ass, no one has they're own language, every language takes words and grammar from other languages, mostly latin.
    ...Its common sense to realise that every country, more or less, has its own language. America as we know it, doesn't. And thats that.
    Se7en 7's
    yeah but america has its flag on the moon so yeah that's something. AMERICA!
    emoboy200
    metalhead601 wrote: Im_Broken wrote: man dimebag didnt even play razorbacks... he made them dumb ****
    yah he made them bec uase he PLAYED THEM DUMB FUCK
    naw2
    There is no point on being horrible about his language, cause to be honest it just makes you all look like complete dicks from my stand point. The Grammar/Spelling may not have been perfect (sorry reviewing guy) but it didn't mean I couldn't read it and his use of words was perfectly understandable. The one thing I would say is that you are brave using a Floyd Rose guitar with no spare, but that's it.
    stompbox
    i was reading that dime said this guitar was cool looking but he did not like the way it sound and played and also it felt like a ton of bricks on stage .this was in gw some time ago if you like to read it you can find it there.
    Zayrank
    I can't take this review seriously because it sounds like a kid wrote it.
    EmancipatedSoul
    I've played around with this guitar, and to be honest; the review is very subjective; apart from awful grammar and spelling. :/ The guitar is very uncomfortable, the sound is quite muddy as well; in comparison to many other dean models. Also; giving a 10 to a guitar where the strap "rarely falls off" and that has a floyd rose is just ridiculous.
    lildude_6859
    T3h_Killjoy
    this. And that guy lives in USA. Seriously,WTF dude ?
    Projectjx
    Lord_Doku
    celticstorm84
    T3h_Killjoy
    celticstorm84 wrote: EpiExplorer wrote: T3h_Killjoy wrote: unholyfreak911 wrote: Grammar and spelling are pretty terrible in this review =/ this. And that guy lives in USA. Seriously,WTF dude ? From a country that doesnt have its own native language, it can be expected. It IS a godawful review and doesnt do any guitar justice, not even this yet-another-dime razorblade. Haha...hey now, your native language is pretty much a Germanic spinoff from way back when. Too bad the review wasn't great, it's a solid guitar.
    german language ripoff ? lol wut ? xD
    j_link13
    how many razorbacks is dean going to make? theres like a new one everyday
    Solarstar101
    i actually laughed
    EpiExplorer
    svelle wrote: T3h_Killjoy: germanic, not german...
    Technically its 50% latin.. and only about 40% europian
    johnguitar77
    ok for the people bitching its awkward you should know that by shape dont even pick it up if u cant stand more than a pussy ass double cut away and sound can differ because of problems and other shit but i would either switch the neck pick up for a dime time or trade both out for the original dime set up (revearse bill lawrences)
    Shredder Man
    ^oops. Anyway. He's 18, says his profile. He started UG like a week and a half ago.. newbies.
    kodadak
    the neck's "strange conture" sounds like a bowed neck, but what do I know?
    metalhead601
    JohnVanOevelen
    The guitargod has spoken!! :\
    machinehead77
    Projectjx wrote: I owned this model for a short time, because of a flaw I sent it back to Dean. The plastic pick guard was warped and was not laying flat on the guitar, but besides the flaw, this guitar played amazing! I really liked the sound and feel of this guitar, was very impressed. Here's some pic's of what I was talking about. http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k122/j... uitars/DSC02032.jpg http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k122/j... 2/jasondime/Guitars/DSC01989.jpg http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k122/j... tobucket.c om/albums/k122/jasondime/Guitars/DSC02034.jpg Really too bad, cause this guitar was killer! I contacted Dean and told them... So instead of this model I took the Dave Mustaine Gears of War V off the wall and have been happy with it ever since.
    same problem with the damn pick gaurd