Dime Stealth Snakeskin review by Dean

Dean: Dime Stealth Snakeskin

Purchased from: Amazon.com

I play mostly metal (thrash and speed). And this guitar just screams metal. I just recently woke up to blues genre. And although this is probably the last guitar a bluesman would choose - it can handle the blues. I use it with my cheap-ass Raven amp, a DigiTech Death Metal distortion pedal, and a DigiTech RP90 multieffect processor (for delay, chorus and all that fun stuff). I'm not sure about how noisy it is because my processor has a noise gate. The pickups sound amazing. I've heard many good reviews about Dimebuckers and those reviews are 100% true. It's has high output which is great for Dimebag's trademark harmonic squeals. Neck pickup is very smooth (which is nice for legato, but the note clarity always suffers with neck pickup selected). I rarely use the neck pickup though.

I've been playing for almost 8 years and I can say that considering its performance this is the best guitar I've owned so far. There aren't many reviews on this particular axe, and maybe I have the only one with heavy neck, but I would recommend you trying it with a strap before buying (if you're buying it at the store of course). I almost never play standing up, so the balance instability of this guitar is not a big problem for me. I love pretty much everything about this guitar. It looks amazing and sounds even better.

I don't play live, so I don't know about its ability to withstand live playing. Although, the guitar seems pretty durable and solid. I wouldn't use it on Live shows just because of its balance instability (heavy neck).

I tried playing it just as soon as I it arrived and it was out of tune. I decided not to tune it and just wait a bit. After couple hours it was perfectly in tune (I guess it's due to temperature changes during shipping). The action was just right for me. Pickups were well adjusted. The paintjob is done pretty poorly - nothing serious , but noticeable upon closer inspection. The main flaw of this guitar is that it is extremely "neck-heavy". When you're playing standing up the headstock is pulling down, which is pretty annoying since you have to hold the neck with your left hand all the time.

- 2009. Made in Korea - 22 frets. Rosewood fingerboard (24 3/4" scale) - Solid top - Maple body and neck (set neck configuration) - Stealth body style (based on ML shape) - Floyd Rose Tremolo Bridge - Passive electronics - 2 Volume, 1 Tone controls, 3-way toggle Switch. - HH Pickup configuration (Dimebucker - bridge; Dean DMT - neck) - Grover tuners - Hardshell Dean Case included; few allen wrenches included.

AusMetal33
    well dime did design the guitar so its not like there sticking his name on any old crap-ocaster
    chucknorris69
    mr_snuggle : i wonder when dean will stop milking dime's name let the man rest in peace
    good point no one should think about him at all, let his name fade into obscurity
    g1asseye
    I'm 99% sure that guitar cannot handle blues. I have an ML and that can't and the pickups in that are even hotter. But if you like the sound then its fair game i guess.
    Air_Stryker
    Got mine through just today, mine is the black w/ silver bevels, fixed bridge version though. In love with it already, tempted to write a review but I think I'll give it at least a month, I won't be so biased then perhaps.
    Lucd
    i really like the graphics really diamond in the rough. kinda an obscure graphic someone in my town is selling one with the case for 900 i want it but i dont like trems and i want the dean angel of deth best guitar ever
    GaijinFoot
    I've said it before and i'll say it again. It looks like what a child was scribble onto a napkin right next to a car with spikes on the front, a rocket on the back and a gun on the top. It's so clich
    filthylittleboy
    trolls... nicest design i've seen for a dime... so it sucks that the paint job was done poorly... I've noticed that a lot of V style guitars are neck heavy... sucks a lot.
    Lord_Doku
    brcck wrote: ...You play the blues with that?
    He said it is versatile in the rock range, from heavy metal to blues.
    AusMetal33
    it looks sick in black and silver, but the problem is it only comes with a floyd in snakeskin
    SeanX3187
    mr_snuggle wrote: i wonder when dean will stop milking dime's name let the man rest in peace
    i was just thinking the same thing.