EVO X review by Dean

Dean: EVO X

Purchased from: Rockland Music, Nanuet, NY

I play Classic Rock/Metal, and this guitar does a very good job of Handling it. It was my first Electric Guitar and I've had it for almost 2 years. I'm Using it with a Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 Half stack and Flanger, Wah, and heavy distortion. The Pickups it has in it (Dean) sound very bassy to me, but I like it, its not a bad thing. I use all sorts of Rock/Metal techniques/Tricks and it furfills the sound completely. With the toggle Switch I can make it so it plays to very trebly sound of Nirvana soungs, or a Depp sound Sochas Metallica- One. I Like ths guitar alot, and for the Money, I think I got far more then wat I payed for it. It is my Fav guitar for Palm-Muting, cuuz of the way the Bridge is placed. My ony Complaint is the Input Jack always loosens, but it is very easy to fix by yourself.

This guitar plays anything, I play Metal, Rock, I do some Punk, I practice Jazz and Blues from my lessons, and its handled all of it. I've been playing for a little less then 2 years, and for my experiance I blow people away with my quick progression. I own a Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 Half-Stack, and an old 720 combo amp. I rarely ask other peoples opinion before buying guitar, just the facts, and I have no regrets. If this guitar was lost, I'd Flip and search the 7-seas for it. I'd buy it again but the model up this time, being I'm more experienced now. I love the Black color and the Tune-o-matic brige, cuz the Floyed Rose pisses me off. I don't hate anything about this guitar and my fav. feature is the toggle Switch on the buldge for fast switching. I compared this guitar to an Ibanez and alot of cheap Peaveys and Cort guitars alto music swore too (don't go there). I chose this one because it caught my eye and I plaayed it frequently at the store because I have my lessons there. I wish it had a dark black ebony neck, but w/e, its still amazing. I love this guitar, but it for a son/sibling/relative/friend for a first or secong guitar and they will love you for it.

This guitar has been through Hell and Back. I've beaten this guitar to Piss and it's still intact. I go Insane during shows and this Guitar hasnt let me down once. The hardware is in an average durability ratin, I had to have the toggle Switch and input jack replace, but thats all. The finish is fine, but I wacked it on a cabinet once and chipped it, but I repainted that part and its bearly noticeable. The star buttons are solid, just keep on top of tightning them. I'd put my life in this guitar, it's my baby. It's my first guitar, and I'd pick it over any $500 guitar, just because it Durable a all Hell and it's my first. I HAVE used it at a Gig w/o a backup, I only used another guitar for Drop-C tuning.

The action on this Guitar is very nice, I also have a Dean acoustic and it has a Brilliant action, it runs in the family. The Pickups are adjusted very well, and I Haven't had any problems with them yet. Everything about this guitar us done Properly, no complaints. The only problem I had is the Nut wasnt glued down well, but I reglued it, perfect.

This guitar was made in Korea has 22 Frets, It is a Solid-Top, It has a Volume, tone, and 3-way Toggle witch, It has 2 Dean Humbucker Pickups, Active Electronics, It is a solid Black Color, it has a Bulge body style, It has a Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Non-Locking Tuners, It has a Maple Neck.