EVO X review by Dean

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Dean: EVO X

Purchased from: guitar center

It doesn't really suit a music style, it is very noisy and will need to be re-wired if you have had for over a month. The noise is dull, but it is easy to play, the problem with the easyness to play is that is rattles alot when you play in the lower frets 1, 2, 3 ect.

Like I said this is bassically a good begginer guitar suitable for all-around music styles. I would much rather of gotten a Squire or a Mexican Fender but I had no other options.

This guitar probably won't withstand live playing because of the faulty wiring but it is pretty dourable, the neck prett much never gets out of shape. The strap buttons are solid but I don't ever recomend playing it live. Like I said the wiring is faulty. It went out on me in the middle of a gig and I was just about ready to smash it.

The guitar looks nice it has a Strat shape but the hardware rusts. The pickups suck. I have been playing the stock pickups for about a year now but then I took them off because the rust was getting to bad and I put the single coils from my Fender on them.

The model that I purchased was the 1999 model which was the Strat body shape, a good beginner guitar but if you want to shred like slash then I reccomend going with something a little better. The guitar had no lacking tuners. The tuners will real rough. It has 3 knobs including a volume tone and another tone. A 5-way selector, which is really good.

chubb666
    a friend of mine is thinking of buying this guitar as his first one. would you really recommend this than say a squier? (perosnally i would purely because it has humbuckers)