EVO X review by Dean

Dean: EVO X

Purchased from: Herried's Music Chico Ca.

I paly a variety of styles and the EVO hold s up well throughout. For example; the bridge pickup, combined with the guitars huge sustain, makes for searing metal runs, yet the neck pickups creamy tone drips sweet minor reggae grooves as well. I run my Evo through a Fender FM212R and manage to get some great sounding, low-noise tones ranging from Jimi-esque to country twang, despite my deficient honky-tonk chops (oh well).

Great. Nice sound. Solid and playable. My first impression would be that it is ugly but then you touch the amazing neck and flawless rosewood fretboard and you truly know otherwise. I love it! I'm glad I bought it over the Epiphone SG that I was looking at and I play it every day.

After changing the jack I've had no more technical problems and the guitar stays in tunee well during a performance. The strap pins hold up fine and I would certainly use it at a gig, without a backup. I do it all the time. It came witha small Fender 15G and it outlasted that so far by three years, what's that say?

The action was perfect right out of the store (partly in thanks to an expert staff at the music shop) and the pick-ups were staggerd fairly well all around, though I adjusted them to my tastes.The silver sparkle finish is smooth as ice and along with the unique bolt-on neck junction the guitar holds a sort of surfer aesthetic. The bridge was nice, as was the nut the only problem was a short in the input jack.

Built in 2004, in the USA(mostw Deans are, right), my EVO features a solid, single-cutaway basswood body and perfect maple neck that join at a patented, easy-to-access, bolt-on junction. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge and Dean humbuckers(one in the neck, one in the bridge) controlled by a 3-way switch. The stock tuning pegs are suprisingly smooth.

guitarplayr1493
    yes i have this guitar and it has never let my down ive been playing for 4 years and this was my first guitar hte price is great for what you get ive beat the crap out of this thing and it takes it like a champ ive droped this thing down a flight of 14 stairs and all it had was a few marks on it twice if that say anything lol any way i say good buy go forth AND BUY IT SAYS I