EVO XM review by Dean

Dean: EVO XM

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I use a DSL401 Marshall amp, with a Boss DS1 Distortion pedal. And this guitar sounds great. It's a very affordable guitar with the sound you would expect from a Dean. No unwanted noise and sounds great at loud volume. I play mostly metal and rock (Megadeth, Metallica, Ozzy, ect.) This guitar has a broughd range of music and is perfect for beginners.

I defiantly recondmend this guitar to any begginer out there. I wouldn't really suggest this to vetrian players out there, but for me (playing for 3 years now) this guitar is again one nice guitar for the deal, and right now I got my eyes on a Dean MXL.

This is a very dependable guitar, comes out of tune somewhat quick but I would still play it at a gig and have played it at a gig. Everything on the guitar is built solid. The paintjob is a little cheap on it but I cant complain with the deal I got on it.

When I got the guitar in the mail, nothing was set where it was. The action was pretty high and the pickups was also set pretty high. The finish on the guitar was great, outside of one loose tuning peg (wich was fixed rightaway). I've played a few Deans before and fell in love with everyone, this is the first time I bought one and just like someone told me, Deans rarely come in set where you want them.

- Bolt on construction - Basswood with mahogany finish - Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard - Dual humbuckers - Sealed tuners.