EVO XM review by Dean

Dean: EVO XM

Purchased from: Ebay shop

This guitar suits my stlye of play brilliantly, I usually play Blues or Rock. I play with a Marshall "The Guv'nor" distortion pedal and on a wide variety of amps/sound systems. It has a beautiful sound when played wihtout effects but when played with distorion it doesn't lose any of the quality when playing. Sometimes I use a chorus pedal but I prefer the distortion.

I have been playing for nearly two years and at present I do not have an amplifier. If it were stolen I would probably buy it again because it is a high quality guitar. I love the shape of the guitar. The only thing I dislike is the fact that customisation is nigh on impossible. My favourite feature is definitely the guitars sustain. It was a choice between Dean EVO XM or Squire Telecaster. I am glad I chose the Dean. I wish it had a bridge which could have a Whammy Bar on it but thats just dreaming.

This guitar has withstood live playing on a few occaisions and it hasn't let me down yet. Everything looks as though it will last as long as I need it to. The strap buttons are perfectly solid and are in no way damaged. I have used it at gigs without a backup before and I shall carry on doing this. I've had the guitar for about half a year and the only reason the finish has come off slghtly is because of mistreatment (quick note: I am ashamed that I treated a guitar badly).

When getting the guitar for my birthday, it came near perfectly set up. The action was just right. The pickups were near perfect, although one had to be lowered a little. Nothing was wrong with the guitar apart from the high pick up and that took a couple of minutes to fix.