EVO XM review by Dean

Dean: EVO XM

Purchased from: musicians friend

I play a lot of rock and some metal and this guitar does a great job with it. It is loud, very responsive and sounds awsome with or without my effects pedal. No noise when runnin through a decent amp. Has a very nice treble sound, I personally do not like the other settings very much when played clean. Is a wonderful tool to be used with distortion. Will do whatever is needed.

I've been playing guitar for about 3 years now. This guitar is a wonderful starter for a rocker. I have a modeling effects pedal and a 10 watt First Act practice amp but when I play live I route it through a pair of 100 watt speakers. The only thing that I would like to change about it would be to add a tremelo. If this was stolen I would definately buy another one. I love the playability of this little guitar. Also the heft is wonderful. A lot of my friends who have tried it think its too heavy, but I love it. I chose this one because I thought it was the best value for my money. I was right. I highly reccommend this to an beginner to mid level guitarist.

I have used this guitar for live playing and it has performed beautifully. Even if I could afford a backup, I wouldn't bring it. Hardware is fine, strap buttons are good. Finish does wear off on the edges. Have not had a problem with the front or back, but edges tend to wear down fairly fast. I have beat on it quite a bit and the sound has not suffered one bit.

Was well set up from the factory. The volume knob was almost off, but a quick tap put it back into place. The action was great as is. Body is one piece, whatever its made out of. Came with cheap tuners, but that is easily fixed.

22 frets, Dean EVO XM rosewood fretboard, not sure what the body is but I don't believe that it is real wood. Has a red finish. Single cutaway body, passive electronics. 3-way switching with a volume and tone knob. Has two hambucking pickups, no accessorie.