EVO XM review by Dean

Dean: EVO XM

Purchased from: Saied Music Complany

It has a nice sound but with my amp it has some noise. I have a Fender 25 watt amp. I also hook it up to a Zoom processor and I have played it with a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. I play a lot of classic rock, hair metal and grunge. I think it sorts the sound I want okay but I'm getting something better.

This is and okay match for my style of music. I have been playing about 2 years. I have another acoustic guitar. It's a Fender. I also have 2 other amps and another peice of crap guitar that I bought off ebay. I'm buying a Jackson RR3 this summer. If this one was stolen I would probaly just buy something different. I like it but it's not something I would just have to have.

This guitar is very, very, ver durable. I have thrown it and dropped it and hit it with the door and the only thing wrong with it is a couple of dents in the wood. This is the only guitar I bring when I play live. I played at a basketball game and a team member fell on my pedal and guitar and I just picked it up and started playing without any problems.

I think it was set up pretty well when I got it. The E and D string buzzes some and the D string tuner is coming a little loose. But overall it was pretty good. It's a nice little guitar I like it. It's not great but it's a really nice begginer guitar. Or even a player who has been playing for some number of years and has experience.

This guitar has 22 frets. It has a solid top with a maple neck and a rosewood fretboard. The color of it is kinda mahoganyish and looks really nice. The style of the body is sort of like a Les Paul. It has a volume knob and a tone knob. It also has a 3-way selector. It has dual humbuckers. When I bought it it came with a Dean 10 watt amp, 3 picks, a gigbag, and a strap.