EVO XM review by Dean

Dean: EVO XM

Purchased from: local guitar shop

Well this guitar is good for bluesy rock and metal and even punk or jazz but it tends to distort I'm not sure weather that's the guitar or my amp (10 watt Peavey Backstage)when I'm playing metal, rock or blues I use my Boss MT-2 metal zone pedal but I am looking into get the weapon by DigiTech. On the bridge humbucker it's quite and not too in your face but Switch it over to the bottom humbucker and it goes into a distorted over Drive.

I mainly play rock blues and heavey metal and this guitar does them quite well I think it would manage most style of music and would be a good guitar for begginers and players that haven't found there style of music yet. If someone stole it I would claim some money on the insurance and buy a diffrent guitar it's nothing against this one I fink it's a good guitar for bigginers but it's a little basic and the necks to thin for my likeing. And finally I compared this guitar to a squir Strat standered and you may not be suprised to hear this came out on top!

Well I've never gigged before but if I did I wud probably use this guitar as it's quite light and seems to be reliable enough. one thing that would worry about the strap buttons as they come loose really easyily. the finish is ok I don't play it that often as I'm into classical and the sides are starting to go shiny and fade abit.

When I got it from the shop the action was fine it played really nice, but I had to lower the pickups abit. It did have sum loose tuning pegsand the jack input was also loose and on the whole subject of things being loose one of the cintrols cam loose n all.

This guitar a maple neck, rosewood fretboard and 22 frets I'm not sure if jumbo frets or not but I have pretty small thingers and I have never had any problems. The stlye is loosly based on a les paul( probably a junior) and has a mahogany esc finish. It has a two Dean humbuckers a volume and tone and a three way selector. When I baught it from the shop it came with a free strap sum picks and a gig bag.