Explosion Razorback review by Dean

Dean: Explosion Razorback

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

If you are looking for a metal guitar this is it. The squeels, bite, and screams you'll get out of this will mmake you feel like an instant metal god. Both lead and rhythm needs are met with the pick ups given. I have had no problems with excess noise or static. An amazing sound to match its incredible finish.

Overall this guitar is amazing. If you play metal like me, or just a fan Dimebag, this guitar won't disappoint you. Between all the parts that give the guitar it's amazing playability, and it's incredible show appearence make it well worth its price. It is a durable and superly aggressive guitar. I wouldn't trade it for any other guitar, especially one in the same price range.

Zero problems. I was careless with it once or twice and it got hit slightly, but it suffered no breaks, fractures, or electronical damage. It has proven itself to me as far as it's duriblity goes. I would have no problem taking this on the road. The case is great and would protect from anything else. The reliability is amazing. I take good care of it, and it doesn't let me down.

When I recieved on my door step it was ready to go. I plugged it in, adjusted a couple of tonel features on my amp to accompany the new setup. I had zero problems with this guitar when I got it and have never had a problem with it. High gloss finish is ready for the stage or to be displayed as part of a collection.

An amazing guitar with an amazing sound and bite. It has a licensed double locking floyd rose tremolo. It can manage great dive bombs, and awesome squeels. The one flaw I have in the whole guitar is with the tremomlo. The tremolo bar is threaded into the tremolo, instead of having that threaded cuff on it. The guitar has a Dimebucker in the bridge (of course). This has amazing bite, squeels, tone over all. The neck pick up will give a warmer bluesier tone and sounds amazing. I do use both for depending for the part of the song. The guitar has a set neck which gives it great sustain, and tone. Very fast action allow for fast solos. The explosion image and design of the guitar body looks so cool you'll find yourself fighting the urge to cranking your amp to 10. The special hardshell case that comes with it gives you the confidence to bring it on the road and not be worried about it being damaged by a careless roadie. This is a master piece dedicated to the master himself.

Greenday #1
    TrivGtr187
    Deathcore Dude wrote: give me 24 frets and a floyd rose original and id buy it...
    yep thats why i think ill stick with ibanez =D
    the.spine.surfs
    Random Guitaris wrote: nice review dude! Definately gunu get one. This review secured my doubts so thanks!
    That secured your doubts? You mean erased your doubts. And if a 10/10 review erased your doubts, you're probably the most impressionable person I've ever had the displeasure of wandering accross online.
    Death Unlimited
    mr kipling wrote: This guitar isn't worth the money, the only good thing is the neck.
    Says you. You even played one man? Ever since I got mine it's proven to be be every bit worth it. The neck is bloody awesome, the v-profile is so comfortable to play, the pickups are incredibly good. The finish is awesome, and to top it off.... it looks AMAZING. Been gigged twice now, and it's definitely up to it, no problems with damages, even after hitting it against practically everything on stage. What can I say, 10/10 best guitar I've ever played.
    Phill-Rock
    I NEED THIS GUITAR! I'd sell my left arm for one, but then I wouldnt be able to play it. Hmm... A conundrum...
    unknownalone
    who knows why the price of this thing is so high
    american made, thats why...the best foreign guitars are the japanese made strat and higher end ibanezs. i would so love to have this guitar, but after buying my gibson j-185ec acoustic i sure cant afford it
    Kiotaka
    I like the two tone better, but just for the looks. The Dimebag Dean Razorbacks are kick ass guitars and great for playing metal.
    santhony1987
    Greenday #1 wrote: Man cud someone tell me how much in AUSTRALIAN dollars? it wud be madly appreciated.
    www.xe.com/ucc Find out the price anywhere then you can convert it.
    sp0ckr0cks
    i have the shards razorback...there bitches pwn all my other guitars, just love 'em, WELL worth the money
    Punk2Guitar
    It's not an USA model , this one is 999 euro's or 1099 dollar (dollar still cheaper then euro's but heck) you guys should forget it comes with a sweet hardshell case , which also costs money of course. Man i love it. @ 2nd post ' It's not worth the money ' uhm , some people like me are willing to pay a few bucks extra for some nice stage presence but as i read in your profile you ...like 13 or 14 or something near that...with that age it's indeed hard to get that ammount of money.
    Co&Ca182
    Stop Messin' wrote: $4000? i hope it plays itself for that price.
    haha ya...who knows why the price of this thing is so high and why it's so much different ($3000 different) from the $1100 Deans...
    Joobles
    The Explosion Razorback is my dream guitar and someday I will save $4000 to buy one.
    PLOP
    I got one. Totally worth it. You beat me to reviewing it! This guitar is awesome for metal, but if you change to the neck you can get an awesome blues tone, and both pickups sound excellent clean. On top of that, roll of the distortion and you have a standard rock tone. It owns. Try one
    Rainmaker27
    I played this guitar at a music store through a Randall, it sounded wicked, I'd buy this guitar in two seconds, but I already have the Dime-o-flage
    happy strummer
    lol some people are idiots...you really think he meant to not the sh!t outta his guitar? and its not hard to figure out that there are USA razorbacks and import razors, as the USAs say USA RAZORBACK. this on is an import. i woulda gone for this one but i found an ML body online for cheap so ive got a project geet instead.