Explosion Razorback review by Dean

Dean: Explosion Razorback

Purchased from: West Seneca Music Center

For metal, this is the perfect guitar, with a bone crushing crunch from the Dimebucker in the bridge. On the clean setting, the Dimebucker is very bright and trebly, perfect for upbeat clean phrases, while the neck pickup is very warm and perfect for blues. I play through a Traynor YCV80, and the tone is superb. The Dimebucker is slightly noisy, but with a high output pickup, it's expected. My Boss NS-2 takes care of the hum.

I've been playing for about 2 years now, and this is buy far the best guitar I've ever played. I would definitely buy it again if it was stolen, but not before giving a good thorough beating to the theif. After waiting so long to get a new guitar, I'm proud to say that I've finally got my wings!

This guitar is quite the beast. I always worry about banging the fins into stuff, and I do quite a bit. However, they have shown no signs of damage. The finish must be made out of clear tank armor or something to that effect. The strap buttons are nicely placed and comfortable, but if I were to play live I would definitely siwtch to straplocks for added security.

Out of the box, the guitar needed a lot of setup. The action was slightly high, but the strings were in tune and properly intonated. The neck pickup was too far away from the strings, but slight adjustment fixed that. As far as I can tell, there were no flaws in the guitar with the finish or hardware.

The features on the guitar are simply amazing. For being made in China, I am more than pleased with the guitar's quality. The neck is very fast, and the cutaway is deep, allowing you to reach all 22 frets for the mind bending solos. The finish on it is also excellent, great color and even at a close distance the paintjob does not look digital at all. The body is nice and light, but has wonderful sustain, and it is very warm and pleasant sounding. The liscenced Floyd Rose, as expected, is a real pain in the ass to set up, but once you have it set, just play away. It's stayed in tune ever since I changed the strings, and I've only had to tune it once. The Dimebucker in the bridge is excellent for picking up harmonic squeals, and provides an excellent distortion tone. The only dissapointing thing about it is that the neck pickup is a crappy stock pickup. For the price paid, Dean could have at least put a '59 or something similar in. But overall, I am very pleased.

The Big JB
    this guitar is amazing, the sound is amazing and its just astonishing, but if you are just beginning dont buy it, the paint job is cocky, personally i think its made for someone thats playing on stange, if ya wanna stick to slick and sex go with the 255 razorback
    ali Bear
    Rediculocity
    ali Bear wrote: this guitar is shocking. You may want if it image obsessed but for any thing else, like the important thing of how it plays, is shite, no diabolical. I wouldnt give it the time of day on how it plays. Plus its akward and not worth the time learning how to hold the ****ing thing.
    dude stfu, i have this guitar and all i can say is it's the best thing i have ever bought, sounds amazing and really easy to work with, highly recomended