FBD Dimebag Tribute ML review by Dean

Dean: FBD Dimebag Tribute ML

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I play metal mostly and this guitar was made to scream. I am currently using this through a Marshall 15cdr and the 50 watt version and have played this through a Peavey Valveking 112; I also have a Gibson SG Standard. While the SG handles both metal and rock, the ML is made to scream, not rock!

Since I play metal this guitar fits the music and the appearance of the music. It really feels good in your hands. Compared to the SG the ML holds it own playing metal but lags a bit playing rock. I am sure with enough tinkering with the pickups you could get it to sound right but it's heart is to play metal and play it loud. I wished I would have known the sunburst did not go to the edge. If I had known that at the time of purchase I would have went with the razor. If something happened to this guitar I might buy it again. I would definitely replace it with another Dean. The truly only thing I wish was different on this guitar is the sticker near the Floyd Rose. If the sticker had been under the lacquer fine but since it is exposed it looks a little kiddie.

I have had the guitar for about 6 months and I spilt time playing the ML or the SG. The one problem I have seen with the ML is the strings will not stay in tune that long. The pickups look and sound incredible. The stap buttons, just like the SG, seem unreliable for a Live gig. As far as gigging, no backup needed and the finish and qualiy of this guitar is top notch. You can really feel the difference between this guitar and any of the BC Rich's. The ML feels top qulaity while the BC's seem mass produced.

The action came a little high for my taate but that was easily fixed. The strings seemed a little cheap which was strange because of all of the features that this guitar came with. Everything on this guitar was perfect from the factory. The only thing that I noticed was that in the picture of the guitar it show the burst all the way to the edge but mine had the burned edge to it. While it still looks incredible I sort of like the pictured version a little better.

Stop Messin'
    I just went to Dean's website, and they have 27 Dime guitars plus 1 starter pack. He's dead and he was good, we get it, but wtf is Dime gonna do with 28 Sig. models? Anything to make a quick buck.
    JerkyChid
    It's a great guitar but what Dean is doing to Dimebag's name and image is just wrong