FBD Dimebag Tribute ML review by Dean

Dean: FBD Dimebag Tribute ML

Purchased from: Adirondack Guitars

It suits my style perfectly, I play a lot of rock, heavy metal, thrash metal and this guitar is perfect for it. I play a lot of Megadeth, Metallica, pantera, sabbath, and this guitar just suits me perfectly. I am curently using it with an Ibanez SM7 Smashbox that's connected to my 5.1 Stereo (Saving up for an amp because I got fed up with my crappy Marshall MG10CD). It can give quite a lot of feedback because of the pickups turned around, I heard this from my buddy, he says it's what dime did) but I have a noise surpressor in my pedal so it's all good.

I play metal, thrash metal, death metal, hard rock. it's a very good match. I have been playing for 2 years (lefty) and I own an Ibanez gio. They are both good guitars but the Dean totaly blows it away. If this guitar was stolen or lost, not only would I buy it again, I'd track down and slaughter the person Who stole it. There is nothing about this guitar I hate so far. My favorite feature is the Floyd Rose, having never had one before. I had a choice between this and a Seven string Schecter Hellraiser C-7. I picked this because in the long run it would seem like the better choice, plus a guitar like this was hard to find because I'm left handed. Only one other store had this. I think the Schecter would have been great too, but I'm glad I stuck with my original choice of the Dean.

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing. Everything looks like it will last for a very long time without any problems. The strap buttons seem solid, it's just my strap that's crap. I am planning on putting straplocks on it. I would definitely use it on a gig without a backup.

The store I ordered it from set it up very well. Everything was perfectly routed, even perfectly tuned! This guitar is perfect. It had no flaws in it whatsoever. The finish on this guitar is so beautiful that you have to see for yourself in person (not through pictures) to really appreciate.

This guitar was made in korea, 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard. Its body and neck wood is mahogany. Its finish is Vintage braziliaburst. Floyd Rose bridge, a Zebra Humbucker and a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in bridge. It has a 3-way selector switch, 2 vol knobs and a tone knob and has Grover tuners. It came with a case, alen key, whammy bar and dimebag tribute photo.

ibanezguitarkid
    I'm getting this guitar next week!!!! by the way, I completly agree kirk needs to lay off the wah, and I'm not buying this guitar because i'm a quote "fanboy", I like the sound of deans, and this is the only left handed dean model with a floyd rose on it, I could care less if it is a tribute model. R.I.P. Dime
    tulsa29
    yeer dean exploited dime a bit much but it gives us a bit of him when we buy one, ive not bought one yet but i went to look at some yesterday and i felt amazing so face it none of us are gonna meet dimebag so why cant we do wot he did best n shred on a guitar he designed (talkin bout the razorbacks there lol)
    defiant1
    i got the dean from hell. the bill lawrence is better as well as the paintjob
    deanplayer18
    well for one i liek the deans becuz at first i wanted the jackson rr's but there necks ca be a little fat for my opionion and i luv odd badass metal guitars so thats why i play dean ima big dimebag fan and not only are the guitars great becuz one there comfy and easy to play the floyd, he groover tuners, dimebucker pickup is a great metal pickup and the graphics are sick to
    GrindCoreDome
    I can't tell which guitar player is best, who has the best technique or speed or whatever...what I do know is which one has touched and inspired me with his art the most, and that is and will be always Dimebag Darrel.